Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

GASPARILLA BOWL

Marshall vs. South Florida

Home game for the Bulls in Tampa and they are getting worked 28-10 at halftime. The Herd are 3 point favorites.

Back to the top

USF LOST THEIR 6TH STRAIGHT UNDER THAT GREAT HC CHARLIE STRONG 20-38 TO MARSHALL! :Laughing:

GREAT JOB Marshall!!!!
Back to the top

I'm reading they went from 7-0 to 7-6 over the last six games.

Ouch.

No wonder the fans are calling for him to be fired.
Back to the top

Among their 7-0 start wins were 6 points over a  (4-8) Illinois, 7 points over a bad (3-9) East Carolina, 1 points over a bad (3-9) Tulsa and 8 points over a very ugly bad (1-11) UCONN. Throw in wins over FCS Elon and UMASS and that leaves you one (1) win over a winning team (Ga. Tech). A good win at the time.

Strong is a good recruiter (like Taggert) but a bad Coach (like Taggert).
Back to the top

AND 23 SECONDS IN TOLEDO UP 7-0 AND 6 SECONDS LATER FIU CALLS A TIMEOUT. PLAYING WITHOUT MORGAN AT QB TOO!
Back to the top

Half time and FIU comes back to lead 14-10. Toledo (Brian Wright still OC) can't run well, they have NO #5 or #6! Along with several drops by receivers!
Back to the top

If you get a bunch of south Florida kids together with a decent coaching staff you’ll be alright. FIU isn’t bad I’ll just leave it at that. 
Back to the top

BAHAMAS BOWL

FINAL:

FIU 35  Toledo 32
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

If you get a bunch of south Florida kids together with a decent coaching staff you’ll be alright. FIU isn’t bad I’ll just leave it at that. 
Posted On: Dec 21st 2018, 3:19 PM #384339

Looks like they pulled  it out. They had a great year and Butch has done a fantastic job down there - except against us lol. Congrats to them, 2 bowls in 2 Butch years, nice win today.
Back to the top

Hate to say it but I am happy for FIU. I am still glad we beat them badly this year but you have to give credit where it is due Butch has shown them success.
Back to the top
Control functions: