Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football Coaching Carousel

Add topic

Latest rumor is Satterfield (App State) could be in line for Louisville since Brohm stayed at Purdue.  If the options are ECU, Charlotte, or App State for Houston, Charlotte will probably come in last in that race.

I have followed Houston a good bit as a North Carolinian, and he has jumped multiple times chasing the “bigger” job.  So if he wants “bigger” ECU and the AAC offer that.  If he wants “better” he would go to Boone if Satterfield does leave.  App is on the verge of posting their 40th win in the past 4 seasons either today against ULL, or in their bowl game.  They are also starting something like a $120M building effort adding on to their stadium and dorms around the stadium.
Back to the top

I agree with @owlsdad Charlotte is pretty far down the ranks in athletics these days. Though it’s humbling to get passed up by coaches in favor of other schools, it looks like they are really trying to make a good hire. 

Let’s hope FAU can get some coaching stability.  
Back to the top

Official - Houston to ECU
Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Official - Houston to ECU

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2018, 5:46 PM #383912

Great hire by ECU and the right choice by Houston. One of the most loyal fan bases in the G5.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Satterfield also has taken the Louisville job.  Since both he and Houston are moving “up” it will be interesting to see what they do regarding their staff compared to what FAU does with ours.  I expect both keep many of their current guys, but they could explore if being at bigger places with more money might attract interest at least for their coordinator roles.
Back to the top

Charlotte hiring Healy (33 yrs. old) from FCS Austin Peay (5-6 this past year).

Quite a reduction of level from FACS perennial power JMU to AP I think!!! Ran a very conservative run based O (65% run).

Personally, good luck with this one UNCC, he will barely be older than some grad transfers!
Back to the top

With ECU hiring Houston away from Charlotte, the 49ers will tap Austin Peay head coach Will Healy. The Governors went 5-6 in 2018, with Healy ending his three year tenure in Clarksville with a 13-21 record. Definite downgrade from their initial hire.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

He had a very nice season in 2017, but they failed to make the playoffs even with 8 wins (I closely follow FCS football because of my alma mater). If you do the math, you will see he had 5 wins this year and 8 last year - meaning his first year coaching he was 0 and 11.

“Big” is not a strong enough word for the difference in Houston and Healy. He might be good, but surely there were more “ready-made” coaches from the FCS level if the pre-requisite was college head coaching experience.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

He had a very nice season in 2017, but they failed to make the playoffs even with 8 wins (I closely follow FCS football because of my alma mater). If you do the math, you will see he had 5 wins this year and 8 last year - meaning his first year coaching he was 0 and 11.

“Big” is not a strong enough word for the difference in Houston and Healy. He might be good, but surely there were more “ready-made” coaches from the FCS level if the pre-requisite was college head coaching experience.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2018, 11:02 PM #383949

This seems like a stretch of a hire. What could this guy be being paid?
Back to the top
Control functions: