Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ BCU - December 1, 2018

Add topic

Win or lose, Ingram is the player of the game. He has made 7 of his last 8 FGs as 18 of FAU's last 19 points belong to the SF.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Finally, some other Owls are starting to get in on the action!

Back to the top

BCU retakes the lead with a quick 7-0 run. Embarrassing series of plays from the Owls.

Back to the top

We're going to have a close finish in Daytona.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Owls fall in Daytona. FAU fought back from a 15 point deficit in the first half and lead by as much as 5 with several minutes remaining, but just couldn't pull away from BCU.

Back to the top

We've been saying it all week: BCU is a solid side. No shame in taking the loss tonight, but more disappointing than anything.

"We looked a bit shook, the environment was (a lot) for us tonight… It's a working progress with these young guys, but this road games are invaluable for us…. We got to get better at taking care of the basketball." -FAU Head Coach Dusty May

Feel bad for Jailyn Young, who nets a career high 28 points.

Back to the top

I mean we played who Duke, Kansas, or the like will play come March.

That's pretty much it…they will be in the tournament.

And we almost pulled it off without our 2-3 best all around player.
Back to the top

Tough loss today in Daytona for the Owls.  FAU played rather sloppy offensively.  You can not expect to win games when you have 20 turnovers.  It is unfortunate that FAU was unable to get a win as junior F Jaylin Ingram had a career night with 28 points.  Ingram is evolving into the number one option offensively right before our eyes.  Though we are still early in the season his field goal percentage has increased from 40% to 54% and his 3 point percentage has improved from 28% to 44%.

Yes, the game did end on a mishandling of the ball by freshmen guard Michael Forrest, but I have been impressed with what I have seen so far. Transitioning from high school basketball to collegiate basketball can be difficult.  He has adjusted well to college ball.  You can see he understands the pace of play at this level, and is not afraid to drive to the basket.  He has benefited well from playing for Broward County powerhouse Blanche Ely.  Coach May has given the former Broward County Player of the Year loads of minutes early in the season. Forrest has started games at shooting guard this season, which adds some flexibility to the lineup.

Very pleased with what I saw from Senior Guard Anthony Adger, when his shot is on he can be the offensive spark FAU needs during dry spells.  Hopefully he can build on his season high 20 point performance today.  This team is very inexperienced at guard, so his experience of playing D1 basketball is valuable.

We will get`em next time.  See you in The Burrow on Wednesday vs Mercer.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

No shame it taking the loss tonight

:Winking:
Back to the top

If we want to be taken seriously we need to win games against teams like Bethune Cookman. Looking forward to the rest of this season.

Go owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: