Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Leaving Early

Durante announced he is leaving early in Twitter today. Unlike Motor this is a huge mistake. From what I saw he is no where near NFL ready and probably will go Undrafted. My guess he will get a try out at best, and have to earn a contract just to make it to training camp. But best of luck to jovon 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Durante announced he is leaving early in Twitter today. Unlike Motor this is a huge mistake. From what I saw he is no where near NFL ready and probably will go Undrafted. My guess he will get a try out at best, and have to earn a contract just to make it to training camp. But best of luck to jovon 

Posted On: Dec 5th 2018, 4:10 PM #383955

Yea, he doesn't do much well other than just out run the DB.

Rookie camp at most.

Also from what I am hearing there will be another shocking player entering (I am not talking about Motor).

Remember though a guy and enter be evaluated and if he doesn't hire an agent he can come back.
Back to the top

The 2018 team had two guys that looked to have the ability to play on Sunday. Durante was not one of them ( IMHO). I think there may be other reasons for this decision. Academics? I want all young guys to succeed. But this is a bad choice.
Back to the top

Didn't see this one coming, but yet, I'm not surprised.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I hope Lane starts recruiting the high school athletes harder. This is the problem with transfers very difficult to build a team around them and Durante honestly should have came back one more year he wasn’t overly impressive this year and now we’re thin at WR again and will probably go 4-8 next yr. McNeal, Durante and McGriff were all talented Kiffin transfers that didn’t really work out. Not feeling Kiff right now I’m starting to think we jumped the gun on that extension 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

DeltAlumnus said

Rookie camp at most.

Also from what I am hearing there will be another shocking player entering (I am not talking about Motor).

Remember though a guy and enter be evaluated and if he doesn't hire an agent he can come back.
Posted On: Dec 5th 2018, 4:22 PM #383956

If it’s Kerrith Whyte we’re done and it’s back 3-9
Back to the top

Can't say I'm surprised Durante dropped school.

But thanks for repping the Owls and best of luck!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

DeltAlumnus said

Rookie camp at most.

Posted On: Dec 5th 2018, 6:07 PM #383974

No college player is that important.

So much changes with 18-22 year old kids year to year you can’t predict year to year 3-9 or 11-3. We have recruited pretty well in our confrnce the last few years.

If Chris Robison developes or Tronti is what I’m hearing some are saying about him we will be fine.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

DeltAlumnus said

Rookie camp at most.

Posted On: Dec 5th 2018, 6:07 PM #383974

I think it’s a little early to jump off the 3-9 cliff. Let’s see what the program looks like in February. 
Back to the top

This isn’t a huge surprise, he was a top high school player that has had a lot of hype bestowed on him and has probably been focused on the NFL for awhile. I’m not mad and I hope he makes himself some money. I think he had a lot of room for improvement but we’ll see.

The only guys I thought really might be able to leave early were Motor (undoubtedly the best FAU player I’ve seen since Alfred) and Rashad Smith he isn’t a great tackler but he gets his nose in there and has good range. 

If the person you are hearing rumors about isn’t Smith then I’m going to be pretty surprised. 
Back to the top
Control functions: