Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kerrith Whyte to Enter 2019 Draft & Forgo Senior Season

OwlPT15 said

If both get drafted that can actually be a good thing for the program. Showing that FAU offers the coaching and exposure needed to get to the next level can be a huge recruiting tool.

But on the other hand both running backs leaving??? That’s crazy to think we might have had 3 nfl running backs on the roster last year (2017) and now we just have ??? coming back. I honestly have no idea who is going to be doing anything next year. With the exception of the solid TEs we have and the unbenchable Chris Robison at QB who else can be penciled in to start on defense and offensive skill positions.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2018, 3:19 PM #384173
Malcolm Davidson was a well-thought of RB out of Osceola High School.  But I brought this up earlier in the season - we wasted his redshirt by playing him in more than 4 games.  Why did we do something like that to get the guy a total of 2 carries, a few kickoff returns, and some special teams play???

Even the other guys who got some carries (Hearns and Saunders) were Seniors.  So I would imagine Davidson along with whoever we recruit (any word on Emmons or another JuCo???) will be the depth chart at RB.  At WR, we have Wright, Tavaris Harrison, Holmes, Cousart, and of course Kyle Davis (from Auburn) will debut.  And 2 very good TEs.

As we saw this season, we need better o-line play or it won't matter that much about our skill players.  But there is some talent in the above list.
Back to the top

We do have talent still with recruiting coming u and the door wide open for QUALITY newcomers to step in and start! Also, the schedule is MUCH easier next year with N. Texas and La. Tech both off the schedule and all the hard er Conference games at home (Marshall, MTSU, FIU) and the easier games away.
Back to the top

@Owldad….very true. Give me a team with a great OL and good skill guys and I will beat a team with a good OL and great skill guys. Robison is the real deal. He just needs protection.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Owldad….very true. Give me a team with a great OL and good skill guys and I will beat a team with a good OL and great skill guys. Robison is the real deal. He just needs protection.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2018, 9:39 AM #384213

He might be, but I don't see it yet, regardless of the O line. He made way too many mistakes and over/underthrows this season, frosh or not. I'd think he'd get better, I just see no upgrade from what Parr was, at least from the performance last year.
Back to the top
Control functions: