Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ UTEP - February 7, 2019

Add topic

UTEP's offense finally woke up. We'll be in a dog-fight for the win in El Paso.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Frustrating that we haven't been able to put them away.

Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

What a day from Anthony Adger. He'll have to repeat this performance if we'll have a chance against the high-scoring Roadrunners of UTSA.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Solid win and a needed one in this final stretch of the schedule.  I guess any chance of 500 in conference depends on the UTSA game and that's going to be tough.  I know we have those other as to be determined games (which I don't really understand how they are decided if someone wants to explain it that would be great) but I think this game will determine if we go 500 in conference which would be an amazing first year for Dusty either way.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

As I understand it, teams in top will play teams in top to build their resume for NCAA. Lower teams will play lower teams. ODD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Odd, but in 1 and 2-bid leagues this is an attempt to ensure you get that 2nd team in (or 3rd or 4th.. or whatever the borderline is) based on a stronger strength of schedule - at least that is the theory.

I think it will take some time to evaluate if it helps at all, or if it hurts 1-bid leagues.  When an underdog wins the conference tournament and the best team through the season doesn't have as good a record now, my bet is they still don't make the tourney.
Back to the top

Also a higher chance the top teams lose (face it, 1/2 WILL)  instead of getting "quality" wins.
Back to the top
Control functions: