Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OPENING WEEKEND SERIES THREAD: Cincinnati @ FAU - Feb. 15th-17th, 2019

Add topic

@Dusky.. my Valentine was away on business  on Thursday , so dinner tonight. Today,  I actually will be at the Burrow, then heading home. I'm missing the baseball. Too bad because I wanted to see our newest starting pitcher . A juco transfer. The jump to D-1 can be huge. I wish him success. Coach Mac brought in a nice looking new crop of players. Fun to waych them last night.
Back to the top

Just read the game recap on the FAU sports web page. I don't know who did it, but it is the best written recap I've seen from this page in years. FAU sports , the department, not the web page,  has really stepped it up. Great time to be an Owl Fan.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Dusky.. my Valentine was away on business  on Thursday , so dinner tonight. Today,  I actually will be at the Burrow, then heading home. I'm missing the baseball. Too bad because I wanted to see our newest starting pitcher . A juco transfer. The jump to D-1 can be huge. I wish him success. Coach Mac brought in a nice looking new crop of players. Fun to waych them last night.
Posted On: Feb 16th 2019, 6:47 AM #385204

Enjoy you Valentines Day dinner, I’ll try to put in a few innings in your place.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

JUCO transfer Ryan Sandberg is having a solid outing, but he's yet to see any run support.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Eric Rivera gives FAU the lead with one swing of the bat!

Back to the top

Free Baseball in Paradise anybody?

Back to the top

SERIES CLINCHED!

What a gritty performance from the boys. Rivera gets on base from a full-count walk, advances to second via fly out, then is sent home as Morgensen hits a beauty of ball to right field that stays just fair.

Owls will go for the sweep of Cincinnati tomorrow morning at 11:30.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Two games in and we are seeing typical FAU Baseball. Already taking the series from a tough U Cinn team.  Hitting up and down the line up. Solid arms . Great management . And once again , a tip of the hat to whoever is writing the FAU Sports Baseball Game Update. Very nicely done. And a big Hell Yea to the Basketball team.Very exciting team to watch.
Back to the top

FAU Baseball starts off the season with a 3-0 blanking of the Bearcats!

Notables via Jonathan Fraysure:

· With five runs on Sunday all coming with two outs, that made for all 22 runs scoring on the weekend coming in that manner

· The Owls are 3-0 for the fifth straight season, and eighth time in the last nine years

· FAU, as a team, hit .310 for the series with runners on base, and .467 with runners on and two outs

· Further, the team hit .357 with runners in scoring position, and .526 with runners in scoring position and two outs

· Cooley became the first freshman to pick up a win on the mound since March 11, 2017, when Ruff was the winner against Toledo

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

What a great job by the pitchers today. Nice start by ruff. Great relief. 3-0. Nice way to start the season. Miami next. Keep the roll going.
Back to the top
Control functions: