Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Illinois - Feb. 22nd-24th 2019

Add topic

Well, time to see how clutch our hitting can be.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Too much faith in Schneider.  Not his night.  Why we dont pull him after the homer beyond me.  Gonna change pace of the entire series.  
Back to the top

I just went ahead and said what we're all thinking.

Back to the top

That was a garbage loss.  Hope it motivates the guys.  
Back to the top

FINAL.

Illini plate four in the ninth, allowing the visitors to take Game One of the three-game set.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Like Jake said, Coletti did a great job setting up the save for Schneider. But even All-Americans have off days. He'll be back.

Back to the top

Not sure I get the split second outrage about John McCormack not leaving Vince Coletti in for the 9th. Zach Schneider is one of the best closers in college baseball. He’s not an unproven freshman. It’s just a bad loss for FAU. Simple as that. The best closers sometimes blow saves and guys have bad nights.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Gave thst one away.  Too bad
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Not sure I get the split second outrage about John McCormack not leaving Vince Coletti in for the 9th. Zach Schneider is one of the best closers in college baseball. He’s not an unproven freshman. It’s just a bad loss for FAU. Simple as that. The best closers sometimes blow saves and guys have bad nights.
Posted On: Feb 22nd 2019, 10:57 PM #385312

Dont question the move to go to Schneider for the close, hes our guy and that's his specialty.  Do question the decision to keep him in after he blew the lead and win to eventually lose the game.  If it's not his night then its not his night yank em.  Lose this series and it could bite us end of season.  
Back to the top

Looking to rebound from last night's shocking loss, Ryan Sandberg will get the start today for the Owls.

Back to the top
Control functions: