Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS GAME THREAD: FAU @ UNT - February 28, 2019

Add topic

LOL I jinxed it….

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

It's an 11-0 run for UNT now. Buckle your seatbelts…

Back to the top

So much for Forrest getting on the scoresheet. He returns to the bench with some discomfort in his left ankle.

Back to the top

Great win.  Thought that was going south.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

FAU fights off the UNT rally to earn the victory! The Mean Green took 11 more shots than the Owls, but a smothering Owls defense paired with a strong rebounding effort means we're coming back home .500 in conference play.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Very impressive road win for the Owls.  On a night where Forrest and Adger were both held scoreless, they found a way to steal a win.

- F Karlis Silins continues to pay fantastic inside with his 4th straight 10+ point performance.  Because  of FAU`s length they are able to stay in games when the perimeter shooting gets cold.  Having a deep rotational inside is very important in CUSA competition as many games are won and lost on the boards. (Silins, Zecevic, Lepichev, Niang)

- Great to see G Richardson Maitre score 15 points.  This was his first double digit scoring performance since early December.  Maitre stepped up when the Owls needed production from the backcourt.

- F Madiaw Niang had a solid showing.  7 points off the bench. The Freshmen seems to be getting more comfortable on the offense end.  Niang has made a three pointer in 4 of the past 5 games.

See you in The Burrow for Senior Night against Louisiana Tech.
Back to the top
Control functions: