Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Southern Mississippi May 3rd-5th, 2019

Add topic

This is like a teeter-tooter, with one side taking the lead and right after the other.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

ONE INNING TO GO!

ON TOP!

Let's FINISH this out!

Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

WHAT A HUGE WIN FOR THE PROGRAM!

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

This deep into the season and coach mac is still making moves to win games. This starting line up is one I haven't seen all year. The lower half of the line up resembled  the upper half. This is why he is the best.
Back to the top

FAU Baseball kicked off their road trip on Friday night with a 8-4 win over No. 29 USM.

went back and forth for seven innings on Friday, with four ties and two lead changes. But the Owls went ahead to stay in the eighth and snapped the Golden Eagles’ nine-game winning streak in the process, 8-5 in the first game of three at Pete Taylor Park. The team are now separated by one game in the Conference USA standings.

The game was tied at 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and then with a Southern Miss (30-14, 17-5 C-USA) run in the bottom of the seventh, at 4-4. In the FAU (31-14, 16-6 C-USA) eighth, Joe Montes doubled into the leftfield corner to lead off the inning, and Andru Summerall singled up the middle four pitches later to knock him in and make it 5-4.

"The offense was fantastic tonight, we had a ton of two-out big hits", said Head Coach John McCormack. "Proud of the guys, played clean defense, and you just can’t say enough about the clutch hitting. It was an impressive win for the Owls.”

Vince Coletti threw a 1-2-3 eighth, the first delivered by Owls’ pitching on the night. Insurance was added when Eric Rivera plated two with a single to center, and Diamond Johnson singled in another, for a four-run lead. Southern Miss scored one in the home half, and had the tying run at the plate with one out, but Zach Schneider struck out Matt Wallner and induced a flyout to end it.

Eight of the nine starters, plus Johnson, contributed hits towards FAU’s 13 total hits. Mitchell Hartigan had a 3-for-4 night with two runs scored and an RBI.

Game two against the Golden Eagles is scheduled for a 3:00 PM start on Saturday. Mike Ruff (4-3, 6.29) will be on the mound for the Owls.

- FAU Baseball SID Jonathan Fraysure

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

***GAME TWO TIME CHANGE***

Back to the top

It's almost game time! Hoping for another big win tonight in Mississippi!

Back to the top

We love an early lead! Not only did the Owls put 2 on the board, but Mike Ruff held the Golden Eagles to no hits in the bottom of the inning.

Back to the top

Southern Miss continues to struggle into the 3rd, but I'm not complaining! The Owls add another one to the board and hold Southern Miss to 0. Let's. Go.

Back to the top

Great start by Ruff…had some trouble early but if we get 6 innings out of him LIKING our chances to seal the series tonight!

On a side note, hope the rain stays away!

:Rainning:
Back to the top
Control functions: