Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former FSU QB Deondre Francois to Walk On at FAU

I'm and FAU season ticket holder and FSU fan who has likely watched every Game Franscois has played.  His results have been a mixed bag.  Last year was impossible to gauge, FSU had about the worst line in college football.  From listening to numerous FSU related podcasts, he brought bad karma to the locker room for various reasons.  In the end, if Lane can keep him under control and improve his accuracy some, he would be a good get and likely a major improvement for the offense.
Back to the top

We have had zero success with big name transfers. Hard to get excited. I hope he does well and helps us and stays out of trouble. Time will tell
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

ACC caliber starting QB coming to Conference USA…..I think odds are it's a good thing….at least there is no doubt talentwise
Posted On: May 20th 2019, 11:46 AM #386400

He was great his RS FR year and got hurt the next, but was awful last year behind a bad Oline and some would say poor coaching.

Posted On: May 20th 2019, 11:51 AM #386401
if he can stay outta trouble, he could be a real good find…mobile, good arm strength, and good size….if he can come close to what he was under Jimbo, we'll be in great shape….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Local Owl said

We have had zero success with big name transfers. Hard to get excited. I hope he does well and helps us and stays out of trouble. Time will tell
Posted On: May 20th 2019, 1:08 PM #386404

Francios has had more off the field issues than Chris Robison, so I agree with the excitement part.

The fact he is just a walk-on makes this really a no lose situation.

My only very slight frustration with this is since Lane has gotten here we have had 4 different QB's not included Johnson who never started a game.

I feel just want to see a solid QB developed and play for a couple of seasons. The endless "this next guy is the guy" is tiresome.
Back to the top

I am pretty excited about this as it’s a low risk play for a walk on spot. It adds more depth to an underwhelming QB room. Now if Kiffin can get 2 grad transfer WRs in here to solidify that spot I think we’re in good shape. I think the defense will impress this year and the line play will be solid or at worst better than what he was working with last year. I also have faith in James Charles and BJ Emmons to be a solid 1-2 punch. This could very well be the type of push we needed to get back to the top of C-USA
Back to the top

Mixed feelings on this – I can't help but think that injury really affected his game last year (coupled with a bad O line); then of course there is the media narrative we will have to contend with, especially with the current CRob issue(s). Then as stated, we have had no luck for the most part with big former 4 star recruits coming here. However, the potential reward here may really outweigh the risk – talent wise/on paper, he could potentially be the dominant QB in the league, but have to be cautious here.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I am pretty excited about this as it’s a low risk play for a walk on spot. It adds more depth to an underwhelming QB room. Now if Kiffin can get 2 grad transfer WRs in here to solidify that spot I think we’re in good shape. I think the defense will impress this year and the line play will be solid or at worst better than what he was working with last year. I also have faith in James Charles and BJ Emmons to be a solid 1-2 punch. This could very well be the type of push we needed to get back to the top of C-USA
Posted On: May 20th 2019, 2:33 PM #386407

The WR market is not great right now grad transfer wise for WR also it is very murky what FAU' scholarship numbers look like.

We will have to wait till after summer b to see which guys from this year's class make it onto campus.

Unfortunately, I expect a couple of high school guys not to qualify academically.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

The WR market is not great right now grad transfer wise for WR also it is very murky what FAU' scholarship numbers look like.

We will have to wait till after summer b to see which guys from this year's class make it onto campus.

Unfortunately, I expect a couple of high school guys not to qualify academically.
Posted On: May 20th 2019, 2:50 PM #386409

I expected as much. You think that big UT former commit (I think Wynn is the last name?) makes it here? On paper, a healthy John Mitchell, Pico and Willie Wright don’t seem to bad compared to other C-USA WR corps but I think this year we will have to heavily rely on our stud TEs in the pass game
Back to the top

LawOwl said

LawOwl said

Posted On: May 20th 2019, 2:50 PM #386409

I expected as much. You think that big UT former commit (I think Wynn is the last name?) makes it here? On paper, a healthy John Mitchell, Pico and Willie Wright don’t seem to bad compared to other C-USA WR corps but I think this year we will have to heavily rely on our stud TEs in the pass game
Posted On: May 20th 2019, 3:16 PM #386410
Mitchell and Pico have been too inconsistent to rely on them. We need these young guys to emerge.
Back to the top

This might mean the end for Chris or more competition. Good problem to have. 
Back to the top
Control functions: