Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Media Picks FAU 3rd Behind FIU in 2019 East Race

C-USA Coaches Pick FAU Behind FAU in 2019 East Race

FAU football has been picked to finish third among the Conference USA Eastern Division members, by the league’s selected media members.

The Owls, who received three first place votes, finished 2018 with a 5-7 record and posted a 3-5 mark in C-USA play. FAU is predicted to finish behind Marshall, picked to win the East with 14 first place votes, and FIU, which had nine votes.

The Owls are expected to be led by seniors Harrison Bryant (TE), who was a preseason C-USA selection, and Rashad Smith (LB). The duo will represent FAU at the 2019 Football C-USA Media Day event being held in Dallas, Wednesday, July 17 and Thursday, July 18.
Back to the top

That is fair and actually not too bad. After last years a 7-5 3rd place CUSA finish and a Bowl would be an improvement obviously!
Back to the top

I agree - the team has to earn the recognition after last year.  Not surprising given the loss of 2 stud RBs and a defense that drastically underperformed on 2018's expectations.  The good news is the conference schedule is easier this season, and I am hopeful the guys come out with something to prove like they did in 2017.  We can't forget that Marshall and FIU did have 9 wins last year, so pre-season picks typically look at last year as much as anything (or in the case of MTSU, drop significantly because of the loss of an impact player like Stockstill).

All the coulda/shoulda/woulda of last year needs to turn this season - win 3 or 4 of those 1 score games and you end up with a very good season.
Back to the top

I'm thinking/hoping that the year of experience for Robison will flip those losses. We'll  find out in about 45 days if there is a difference.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm thinking/hoping that the year of experience for Robison will flip those losses. We'll  find out in about 45 days if there is a difference.
Posted On: Jul 16th 2019, 3:46 PM #387244

It’ll be tough to say. He missed the entire spring
Back to the top

Local Owl said

The biggest difference this year in my eyes in the coaching staff.

Lane brought in a lot of experience to balance the staff from last year.

Clark Spencer (Defensive coordinator) and Lance Thomson ( Dline coach) are not talked at all on this forum but might make the most difference between the 2018-2019 Owls.

I also think us getting MTSU, MU, FIU, and USM at home is huge.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Clark Spencer (Defensive coordinator) and Lance Thomson ( Dline coach) are not talked at all on this forum but might make the most difference between the 2018-2019 Owls.

Posted On: Jul 16th 2019, 5:20 PM #387246

What do you see for this upcoming season Shane? Improvement in the QB room? Bowl appearance? You’re around the team more than most so eager to hear your take
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 16th 2019, 5:20 PM #387246

What do you see for this upcoming season Shane? Improvement in the QB room? Bowl appearance? You’re around the team more than most so eager to hear your take
Posted On: Jul 16th 2019, 6:08 PM #387247

Predicting G5 football I like trying to guess jelly beans in a jar.

The talent gaps between teams is not much at all, so the difference between 5-7 and 9-3 is not much.

I think the coaching changes and getting tough games at homes help us win games we should have last year.

I will save my prediction until camp is closer to being over.
Back to the top

@Shane,  I totally agree with the line about the huge home games.  Both Marshall and fiu at home. The two teams predicted to come in ahead of us.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Shane,  I totally agree with the line about the huge home games.  Both Marshall and fiu at home. The two teams predicted to come in ahead of us.
Posted On: Jul 16th 2019, 7:53 PM #387250

USM who was predicted 2nd in the west and MTSU 4th in the east are both at home as well.

Back to the top
Control functions: