Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. The Ohio State -- Alumni Events Information and Roll Call

It's been a while since I've been on the Board. Hello to everyone. Living in Ohio, I am very excited that FAU is coming nearby this year.

The FAU Alumni Association is hosting a Friday evening reception and Saturday pre-game tailgate for FAU vs. tOSU. Game Tickets are on sale through FAU Athletics and through the FAU Alumni Association. If you're going to the game, please consider registering for the event(s) and also drop me a line and let me know you're coming!

–rick '07

FAU Alumni Association Event Information
(I am copying and pasting the email without the graphics).

HOTEL INFORMATION
For your convenience, a block of rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn (3232 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43202). Complimentary breakfast and game day shuttle to and from Ohio Stadium is included. Reserve your room before July 31 to receive the special rates. CLICK HERE

EVENTS
Friday, August 30: Welcome Reception at the Hilton Garden Inn from 5 - 7 p.m. Appetizers served with one complimentary drink ticket per attendee.
Saturday, August 31: Tailgate with FAU at Ohio Stadium from 9 - 11:30 a.m. Conveniently located at the corner of Woody Hayes Drive and Olentangy River Road. Brunch fare served. Alumni, family, and fans are invited to attend.  Buy tickets here.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I will be attending with my wife and 5 year old daughter… I was born and raised a buckeye and went to FAU. Can’t wait to share this part of my life with them. 
Back to the top

I look forward to meeting you and your family JBOwl. Have you RSVPed for the events? Did you purchase tickets yet?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Look forward to meeting you too, but I’m pretty sure we knew each other back at FAU, I went there 04-09. I haven’t RSVP’d yet for the events, but I think we may end up booking at the hotel for Friday. Saturday I planned to take them to the skull session at the arena and then to the rotunda when the players and band arrive. I’d like to see where the FAU players go in at too, although it’s probably veiled in secrecy. We may not be able to make the tailgate as a result of that… 
Back to the top

Please RSVP for Friday so we can ensure food and space.

Team entrance is probably very easy to find out. We can ask Friday night at the party. We were able to watch team come in at Oklahoma and other stadiums. 

Facebook me or message me on here and we can exchange names and contact info. 

Did you get your tickets yet?

Back to the top

Yes I did get tickets, any idea what section they usually put us? Mine say section 1, row 3, seats 40 or something like that…. assuming they don’t give seat assignments until they send tickets out, and the numbers are place holders, I’m shocked to see the tiny numbers of tickets sold. Will they set up a way for students to travel too? I do believe the deadline passed to buy tickets for the game. 
Back to the top

We don't have great turnout at home  :Big-Grin: hopping on a plane to see us lose by 40 is reserved for a special kind of fan…now, I'm one of them, but I totally understand the folks that don't want to shell out thousands to experience that.

I'm excited to see the Shoe, but I imagine that will wear off after the 3rd playing of their fight song in the first quarter.
Back to the top

I was thinking about taking my son to the Ohio St game but decided to go to Charlotte instead.  His bday is that weekend but I definitely want to experience the horse shoe but not to excited for it to be my Owls losing by big numbers.  

Booked flights and hotel for Charlotte this afternoon.  We are going to start a tradition of one away game per year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Dusky - I'll be at Charlotte too hosting the alumni stuff. Be on the lookout for information and an email.
Teambeer - Look forward to seeing you. Will you be at the Friday night event?

JB - I've been out of college athletics for four years now, so don't take this as gospel, but typically the home team has to give the away team 200 - 250 tickets. Most of those are set aside for parents and other guests of the players … typically four per person. Then the remaining tickets go on sale for the visiting team with a due date to return them back to the home team. I don't know where the visiting team is sitting, but it's usually all together in one or two sections. Some teams put the visiting team in the upper-most corner; others in the lower-most corner behind the home bench. I hope to be in the lower section. And yes, FAU is not assigning seats until they have to turn in the tickets. Usually donors get the "better seats." In Oklahoma, all of us were in one section. I image it will be the same at tOSU.

And Teambeer: the fight song is one thing. The O-H…. I-O chant… that will get tiring. Heck, I've lived in southeast Ohio for three years and if it's not that chant on the streets, it's a WVU chant. WVU I can cheer for. tOSU …. I'm still sour from the National Championship game vs. Miami.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I was thinking about taking my son to the Ohio St game but decided to go to Charlotte instead.  His bday is that weekend but I definitely want to experience the horse shoe but not to excited for it to be my Owls losing by big numbers.  

Booked flights and hotel for Charlotte this afternoon.  We are going to start a tradition of one away game per year.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2019, 6:00 PM #387358

Might also be my away game, not too far a drive (FIU has been my only away game [in conference] attended so far, curious to see atmospheres at other CUSA schools.
Back to the top
Control functions: