Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FALL CAMP: Scrimmage Thread 8-17-19

Seems as if the Oline and receivers are the primary concern for the offense. I expect the running backs to play a major role along with the tight ends this year. Primary focus of recruiting should be receivers and Oline
Back to the top

I also haven't heard a lot about Willie Wright.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 18th 2019, 3:37 PM #387639

He didn’t really do anything. Would love to see him used in bubble/tunnel screens more often rather than that repetitive Jet Sweep. Again, not sure how long the starters were together during the scrimmage. It would make sense for Kiffin to get the 2nd unit additional reps given the lack of experience behind the starters  
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 18th 2019, 3:37 PM #387639

He didn’t really do anything. Would love to see him used in bubble/tunnel screens more often rather than that repetitive Jet Sweep. Again, not sure how long the starters were together during the scrimmage. It would make sense for Kiffin to get the 2nd unit additional reps given the lack of experience behind the starters  
Posted On: Aug 18th 2019, 7:33 PM #387640

They only ran one Jet sweep yesterday.

They will have to find other ways to use Willie, as Harrison Bryant has become basically our number one WR will use him a lot slot and even some outside.

The choice to use two tight ends on the field more means less playing time for Willie.
Back to the top

Rick said

Local Owl said

If Rivas hit a 52 yarder…… dance your butt off. Way to go!!!
Posted On: Aug 17th 2019, 3:25 PM #387625

Not just a 52 yarder…but also a 47 yarder.

:Hug:

I may be eating crow on his return…
Posted On: Aug 17th 2019, 3:35 PM #387626

I think all of us would love to be eating Kentucky Fried Crow about Rivas. Success is the best revenge.
Back to the top

Proactive said

Seems as if the Oline and receivers are the primary concern for the offense. I expect the running backs to play a major role along with the tight ends this year. Primary focus of recruiting should be receivers and Oline
Posted On: Aug 18th 2019, 3:24 PM #387638

The Oline is bigger imo because you will have trouble running the ball without an Oline and the QB wont have time to pass without an Oline.
Back to the top

My best comment for the entire O is the D has the advantage now in knowing all our plays and in knowing all our players, what they can and can't do. Makes the D look better than it really is and the O worse than it really is. And thanks for all the input this week guys, really good stuff!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

My best comment for the entire O is the D has the advantage now in knowing all our plays and in knowing all our players, what they can and can't do. Makes the D look better than it really is and the O worse than it really is. And thanks for all the input this week guys, really good stuff!
Posted On: Aug 19th 2019, 6:28 AM #387644

Just some perspective from your neighbor down south.  This could mean the D is good this year, but it could also mean the O is bad.

I remember when we returned nearly every starter in 2012, the year we had the “most experienced” team in all FBS.  This was after our first 8-4 regular season, and people thought we could be a BCS buster.

I got to see several scrimmages and the defense looked amazing, way ahead of the offense.  We all thought the D was really good, but the truth is the O was just terrible.

Robison might have improved, but you guys lost a ton of production.  I guess we will see.
Back to the top

We're reporting from another day at the Oxley.

We saw some movement amongst the QBs this past weekend, so let's recap:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Posey is a decent route runner, that is on display today. REMEMBER, he was listed as an ATH out of HS, but Lane liked him as a QB. That being said, his catching could improve. Surely, that'll come with practice.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: