Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU @ Ohio State

It’s finally here FAU finally returns to the field this Saturday at Ohio State. This game will be lopsided, but I really hope to see a much better performance than we did last year at Oklahoma. I still have PTSD from making the trip last year to Norman and the main reason I’m not making the trip to the Horse Shoe this year. 

I personally do not think FAU will cover the spread. Ohio State just flat out will out athlete, out depth, and out size us. 

I’m thinking we see something like 52-17. With the most of the 17 coming in the 4th quarter when starters have been pulled and walk-on’s Playing for OSU. Let’s just get of Columbus healthy. 
Back to the top

1. FAU loses 45-24 and covers. But I never like going in thinking FAU or Syracuse will get rooted. Now, when I think those teams can pull off the rout …
2. The starting defense forces at least one turnover. 
3. Rahsaan Lewis leads FAU in receiving yards. 
4. John Raine and Larry McCammon score two of the three touchdowns. Not sure who gets the third. 
5. Vladi Rivas is perfect with his kicks. No missed FGs or PATs. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Gotta love a good cupcake warmup game…
FAU 46
OSU 13

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

45-19

Owls show better effort than last season's opener against OU.
Back to the top

57-28 OSU. We seriously need to stop with these body bag games if we just played 2 G5 and 2 FCS teams non conference every year, we’d have a chance at a NY6 bid which would bring much more notoriety to the program than praying for an upset against a team like this
Back to the top

LawOwl said

57-28 OSU. We seriously need to stop with these body bag games if we just played 2 G5 and 2 FCS teams non conference every year, we’d have a chance at a NY6 bid which would bring much more notoriety to the program than praying for an upset against a team like this
Posted On: Aug 27th 2019, 5:30 PM #387769

First I want to say no way the game is that high scoring. 
OSU returns 9 starters on D. We don’t have the guys on the outside to score 28 on this D.
Also we have to play a money game. We need the money and it’s been told to me it’s written in our budget.
Playing an extra FCS game will cost FAU 2.0-2.5 million a year.
We lose 1.5 or so from the money and have to pay 500k-750k for the FCS team.
Also, when you play an FCS team only one game counts for bowl eligibility. So we go 6-6 and play two FCS teams, we are not bowl eligible.
Going undefeated doesn’t guarantee a NY6 for G5.
No G5 team that has made it to that game has not beat a P5 season.   
Back to the top

41-28 OSU.

Fields throws 2 INTS to Pierre/Gilbert

Robison has 2TD's but 2INTS. 1TD comes in garbage time.

I think itll be close at Halftime, like a 21-14.

I need to give us some form of fight to take to UCF.
Back to the top

What are we getting for the Minnesota game? Or do we know?

A penalty nullifies an FAU touchdown. An announcer calls us FIU and no one corrects them. A receiver is hit in the back with a pass… But our QB play, kicking and defense shows enough improvement to give us hope for the season.

42-21
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

What are we getting for the Minnesota game? Or do we know?

A penalty nullifies an FAU touchdown. An announcer calls us FIU and no one corrects them. A receiver is hit in the back with a pass… But our QB play, kicking and defense shows enough improvement to give us hope for the season.

42-21
Posted On: Aug 27th 2019, 6:29 PM #387772

$1.2 million for Minnesota. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I really have no clue how we will look. I can not predict the score of something I know nothing about. Vegas is usually close. They know more than i.
Back to the top
Control functions: