Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 8-31-19

Add topic

FINAL:

Alcorn State 10  Southern Miss 38
Back to the top

FINAL:

Abilene Christian 31  North Texas 51
Back to the top

FINAL:

Middle Tennessee 21  (7) Michigan 40

The Blue Raiders offensive effort is notable given FAU's output and the +2 difference in Top 25 relative ranking comparison.

Back to the top

FINAL:

Houston Baptist 34  UTEP 36

Another FCS disaster avoided.
Back to the top

FINAL:

Louisiana Tech 14  (10) Texas 45

It was 38-0 after three quarters.

Despite that the Bulldogs best both FAU and MTSU in Top 25 opponent offensive conglomerate averages (passing & rushing combined).
Back to the top

Not a CUSA thing but did you guys see Wyoming beat Mizzou and Ga, St. beat Tenn.! BAD day for SEC!!!!
Back to the top

Yea I don’t think the SEC is as deep this year as it has been in prior years. It’s pretty much Bama, Georgia and everyone else
Back to the top

I’d argue the SEC has been that way the last couple of seasons, and that Auburn’s win against what was supposed to be the best from the Pac-12 overshadows the Tennessee loss (the Vols have been and continue to be heading in the wrong direction).  Lots of people really like LSU, Texas A&M are on the rise, UF got an ugly win but are in the top-10.

Deserved or not, the SEC still could have 4 or 5 in the top-10 and will have at least 6 or 7 in the top-25 at the end of the season.  The Tennessee and Missouri losses were not good, but I’d say things are ok for the conference.

But I agree - there was some ugliness to hurt perception in the SEC and CUSA.  Heck, FAU’s performance in the last 3 quarters should be the most respected effort of Week 1 in the league. 
Back to the top

Following a career night in which he caught the first three touchdowns of his career, North Texas redshirt junior TE Jason Pirtle earns the C-USA Offensive Player of the Week award.

The Defensive Player of the Week honor went to UAB senior DL Garrett Marino, who preserved UAB’s opening night victory with back-to-back tackles at the goal line late in the fourth quarter as part of his team-high nine tackle showing.

The Special Teams Player of the Week award was given to Southern Miss KR/PR Jaylond Adams, who provided the rare feat of scoring on a kickoff return (89 yards) and a punt return (80 yards) in the same game.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top

NT played Abilene Christian, UAB played Alabama St. and S, Miss played Alcorn St., all three FCS schools!!!!

This is just pathetic CUSA, rewarding players who did well vs. nobodies. SAD!!!! :Yawn2:
Back to the top
Control functions: