Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

NITE-OWL said

Not sure why the disappointment. We knew UCF was too much, they are superior on every level.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 12:25 AM #388327

Doesn't mean we couldn't have a decent showing at home. That was indecent.
Back to the top

d-owl said

NITE-OWL said

Not sure why the disappointment. We knew UCF was too much, they are superior on every level.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 12:25 AM #388327

Doesn't mean we couldn't have a decent showing at home. That was indecent.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 12:38 AM #388329

You’re being too nice. Disgraceful is more fitting. We  are a disgrace and the buck stops with Lane and his pis poor attitude. #FireLane 
Back to the top

canadianowl said

So just a question for the diehards here … after halftime, one of our season ticket holders brought like 8 UCF fans into section 104 (where they did not have tickets). When another season ticket holder complained about visitors sitting where they did not belong, an usher asked them to leave … then things got ugly and the cops had to remove people.

I usually have no problem with randoms taking up extra seats, but not at a sold out game, and especially not right after half time.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 12:09 AM #388323

Same thing happened in the Acura club last night. To start the game they worked hard to make sure the right people were in there and when I went back at halftime I’m standing in a line to get drinks (don’t get me started on the “bartenders” they brought in) with easily 5 people without club bands on. 

A night like last night should be the time where you recognize the value of paying a premium for Hyundai or Acura club. Instead you just feel like a punk because anybody can go anywhere in that stadium. 

We had a good police presence last night, which was about the only impressive thing. 

Surely a performance last night might be enough for FAU to release chartwells. Your options on the north end of Hyundai was one old man working a beer tub or 1,000 people at the bar??  And since when do beer tub people take credit cards? 

One more example of FAU wilting when the spotlight was on them. 

Good news. We’ll be back to our regular 7500 fans in two weeks against Wagner.

Chartwells really messed up the food and bev.
Back to the top

teambeer said

canadianowl said

So just a question for the diehards here … after halftime, one of our season ticket holders brought like 8 UCF fans into section 104 (where they did not have tickets). When another season ticket holder complained about visitors sitting where they did not belong, an usher asked them to leave … then things got ugly and the cops had to remove people.

I usually have no problem with randoms taking up extra seats, but not at a sold out game, and especially not right after half time.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 12:09 AM #388323

Same thing happened in the Acura club last night. To start the game they worked hard to make sure the right people were in there and when I went back at halftime I’m standing in a line to get drinks (don’t get me started on the “bartenders” they brought in) with easily 5 people without club bands on. 

A night like last night should be the time where you recognize the value of paying a premium for Hyundai or Acura club. Instead you just feel like a punk because anybody can go anywhere in that stadium. 

We had a good police presence last night, which was about the only impressive thing. 

Surely a performance last night might be enough for FAU to release chartwells. Your options on the north end of Hyundai was one old man working a beer tub or 1,000 people at the bar??  And since when do beer tub people take credit cards? 

One more example of FAU wilting when the spotlight was on them. 

Good news. We’ll be back to our regular 7500 fans in two weeks against Wagner.

Chartwells really messed up the food and bev.

Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 7:52 AM #388335

Chartwell has to go.

I sit in the Deck and I didn’t see a beer tub guy until the 4th.
Multiple people who I sit with said it took 30-40 to get a drink.
I can’t miss that much football.

I complained about how the deck bar has been run for years.
It’s much older slower bartenders who take the order make the drinks and ring you up.
They need twice as many people back there. 

Also as it’s been stated on Twitter the entry gates were even a bigger mess. 

This is the first time this athletics department has had to chance to see for themselves, so maybe it gets fixed this time.
It can be ready for our next sell out in 3 years.
Back to the top

Rick said

That 52-7 prediction the Knightline guest made on this week's Inside The Burrow not looking so far fetched right now…
Posted On: Sep 7th 2019, 9:52 PM #388281

Came here to say this.

Wow. So much to talk about after this game.
Back to the top

Here are some Coach K comments on UCF in the National news today;

Lane Kiffin rips ‘name game’ that’s hurting UCF

And he is 1000% correct!
Back to the top

If they look like a top SEC or ACC team, they're still a team that won't play a top team anywhere
Back to the top

I texted my brother the day after our UCF game and told him they were a top ten team. They have no real weaknesses. They are as big, strong, fast as any of the big boys. And now they are winning without Milton.  They have done an amazing job.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

If they look like a top SEC or ACC team, they're still a team that won't play a top team anywhere
Posted On: Sep 19th 2019, 10:04 PM #388799

Ummmm…Stanford???? Stanford has not has less than 8 wins in the last 10 years including 6 10 to 12 win seasons. And I personally don't blame them for not taking a raw deal from UF.  

Pitt this week! Pitt was in ACC Championship game last year and did better vs. Clemson than Notre Dame did in the playoff game.

And we ALL saw what good Boise playing anyone anywhere did for them - still stuck in the Mountain West.

If the Big Boys won't let ya in their "club" and share the pot of gold, what can ya do???? The entire Power 5 syndicate is an illegal monopoly! To me ALL FBS schools should be considered equal and have a level playing and economic field. Bump two schools back to FCS and create eight (8) sixteen team conferences, each split into 8 team divisions. Play all 7 in your division plus two crossover game plus 3 OOC games vs. FBS only. Oh, and have ALL teams play equal 6/6 home/away schedules too. Ya play 7 or 8 at home plus one neutral field game, ya outta make a Bowl game every year!!!

Bama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Miss. St., Arkansas, UGA, South Carolina this year 7H/1N/4A. Even worse Tennessee and Kentucky have 8H/4A schedules. And that is ONLY talking the SEC!!! Think of that, 9 of 14 SEC teams have B-VERY unbalanced and favorable H/A schedules. Oh, all 5 of the others still have 7H/5A arrangements!!!!!

I KNOW this will NEVER change unless the Group of 5 band TOGETHER and file a massive anti-monopoly and racketeering lawsuit, but they (WE) continue to settle for the crumbs off the table while the Power5 teams pocket $40M a year minimum just in media deals!!! We get WHAT from CUSA???

Below is an article on the revenue issue from 2016, and it has only gotten WORSE since then;

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/17447429/power-5-conference-schools-made-6-billion-last-year-gap-haves-nots-grows

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Pitt this week! Pitt was in ACC Championship game last year and did better vs. Clemson than Notre Dame did in the playoff game.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2019, 6:43 AM #388801

Charlie Partridge and Graham Wilbert on on upset alert right now!

Pitt up at the half…

Back to the top
Control functions: