Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: 2019 FAU vs UCF

UCFan1 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Is this the day we FINALLY get the big win at home we've been waiting over a decade for? I feel like every other G5 program has had some sort of landmark victory since 2007. What is ours? Beating a mediocre FIU team in 2017?

Sadly, I don't think this will be that game…

41 - 31 Bad Guys.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2019, 6:07 PM #388107

I think that’s a fair prediction. 70ish total points. It should be a fun game. I know that there will be a LOT of UCF fans in the crowd so it should be loud throughout and a great environment. Figure this is a good place to ask - can you buy beer anywhere in the stadium or only the club sections? I’m going to be sitting in the end zone, section 134 I believe.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2019, 10:17 PM #388115

If UCF is scoring above 40 points we will probably not win this game. Our offense has to keep their offense off the field.

Back to the top

voss749 said

UCFan1 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Is this the day we FINALLY get the big win at home we've been waiting over a decade for? I feel like every other G5 program has had some sort of landmark victory since 2007. What is ours? Beating a mediocre FIU team in 2017?

Sadly, I don't think this will be that game…

41 - 31 Bad Guys.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2019, 6:07 PM #388107

I think that’s a fair prediction. 70ish total points. It should be a fun game. I know that there will be a LOT of UCF fans in the crowd so it should be loud throughout and a great environment. Figure this is a good place to ask - can you buy beer anywhere in the stadium or only the club sections? I’m going to be sitting in the end zone, section 134 I believe.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2019, 10:17 PM #388115

If UCF is scoring above 40 points we will probably not win this game. Our offense has to keep their offense off the field.

Posted On: Sep 5th 2019, 11:53 PM #388118

Yeah I agree with that. For FAU to win I’d say you have to keep us to 35 or less and have a couple Wimbush turnovers that you can capitalize on. A pick 6 or at least taking over with great field position because on 2-3 turnovers.
Back to the top

UCFan1 said

Alright so my page refreshed in the middle of typing that and I didn’t realize it was still there when it reloaded and wrote basically the same thing - my bad!
Posted On: Sep 6th 2019, 12:01 AM #388120

No worries. I sat in the cabana for our game there last year. It should be better but, when we near sell out, it's been rough. There were cash lanes last time I sat outside of the deck so, maybe bring some just in case? Rick'll kill me if I keep making non-predictions in the prediction thread so, 72-27, FAU.
Back to the top

35-31 FAU

Kiffin out coached Huepel last year but we were severely outplayed at the line of scrimmage and QB position (even if you include all the punting Robison did). We don’t have many advantages on paper but if the UCF team underestimates FAU as much as their fans do we can catch them off guard. 
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

35-31 FAU

Kiffin out coached Huepel last year but we were severely outplayed at the line of scrimmage and QB position (even if you include all the punting Robison did). We don’t have many advantages on paper but if the UCF team underestimates FAU as much as their fans do we can catch them off guard. 
Posted On: Sep 6th 2019, 9:28 AM #388124

While I definitely think Kidding did a phenomenal job in the first half of finding our weakness and exploiting it with Singletary, that wasn't on Heupel. That was on Randy Shannon.  Randy Shannon is infamous with making half time adjustments instead of game planning well. I don't know if that's his strategy, to let teams think we can't stop the run and then thoroughly plug the holes in the second half and leap frog past people or what. But, Shane Burnham specifically said during the interview that FAU's running game definitely has their attention this time around. Plus our D-Line was by far the weakest part of our team last year. The last recruiting cycle has been primarily focusing on beefing up the D and O-line.

I think fans underestimate FAU's potential because many saw the lopsided score. My father in law is a tOSU alum so we watched the game pretty closely and I was definitely impressed. I think it's going to be an uphill battle for this game.

Ultimately, I think we have the depth to wear your defense out, we have 6 different running backs that are going to continuously get cycled. Once that happens, I think we'll pull away. Who knows, this may be FAU's huge upset, we'll see.
Back to the top

I believe FAU has the personnel to win. If they use them correctly and don’t call any bad plays like throwing down field to a receiver with drop issues. If the tight ends are used like receivers with Mitchell and Harrison I think we have enough, and obviously with a better o line than last year. The playcalling will be great and we beat the Knights (what a lame nickname). I’m sorry, I meant the 2017 national champions. NOT, just because that was so lame I’m giving us an extra touchdown. 48-33 FAU.
Back to the top

I wouldn't bet money on FAU but its doesn't hurt to post an optimistic prediction. I know that the spread is closer than most people would expect, but I don't think the talent differential is that huge. I just think UCF has much more proven skill offensive skill players that are undoubtedly very talented. I follow UCF pretty closely because I do like to to see G5 teams doing well, and I know that they will run up the score if given the opportunity. I don't fault the coaches for doing it because the committee looks for an reason to fault G5s, but I could see that leading to a potentially lopsided score.   
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I believe FAU has the personnel to win. If they use them correctly and don’t call any bad plays like throwing down field to a receiver with drop issues. If the tight ends are used like receivers with Mitchell and Harrison I think we have enough, and obviously with a better o line than last year. The playcalling will be great and we beat the Knights (what a lame nickname). I’m sorry, I meant the 2017 national champions. NOT, just because that was so lame I’m giving us an extra touchdown. 48-33 FAU.
Posted On: Sep 6th 2019, 10:21 AM #388127

FAU will not win this game unless they hit big plays down the field.

They can't dink and dunk their way to victory.

UCF will get some big plays in and we will have to match.
Back to the top

For some reason, I agree with every one of Jake’s predictions. I think we have the personnel to win double digits. It’s the playcalling. We can’t continue to put receivers in spots where they don’t excel. It happened in the playcalling like it did last year. I trust that will get fixed up. Putting Bryant and Raine outside with the o line which is great, much better than people realize. It’ll be an eye opener. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Sep 6th 2019, 10:21 AM #388127

FAU absolutely has the weapons to beat us. But you could saying the key is to use them properly is why coaches make millions of dollars and is much easier said than done. You can do everything right and still lose. Whether thats due to a shift in momentum, a pooched FG attempt, a BS penalty that keeps a drive a live that should have been a punt.

As for Knights being a lame nickname, care to clarify? Or are you referring to me specifically? As for your score prediction, I would be curious to know if you had money on the line what the actual score would be.
Back to the top
Control functions: