Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations- UCF game

We talk about the issues in great length on the podcast, but one I missed I am hearing now is how kiosks were price gouging.

I paid 8.00 per beer 12oz domestic at a kiosk on the deck just feet away from where I could get the 4 dollar paradise pricing.

Back to the top

dore95 said

I do like Brian White and his team and I think they are a massive upgrade over what we had before.  On the other hand, they continually talk about being "first class" and then you had what we had the other day.  Even when I arrived (4 pm) the traffic getting into the Red/Blue lot area was bad.  Not because there were a lot of cars, but because police had one of the two lanes from Glades blocked off (why?) and then because the parking attendants seemed to have little to no idea what was going on.  I can only imagine how bad it got a couple of hours later.

Its a shame because there are certainly some people who went to their first game on Saturday and now will not want to come back.
Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 9:31 AM #388432

I believe they will get it fixed as I know how much this leadership cares and this was really their first time seeing them problems themselves.

It just feels like the left hand was not talking to the right in any cases. I do not know how much city controls traffic-wise, but It feels like stuff was planned through a couple of meetings and emails.

Back to the top

Overall I think this last game against UCF was a learning experience and tbh it felt good to have a full stadium even though it was all UCF fans.  It proved that if done right with Marketing, word of mouth, and winning one day we can have a consistent crowd of that nature but all FAU fans. I thiink we need a niche, we need something that makes us super unique and stands out.  We need like a hype song, or gimmick…the UCF concert phone  light thing was so simple but amplifies their game experiecene even on the road. We need to get more season ticket holders and fans engaged in the  contests on the field not just students.  One thing that gets the crowd going is the T-shirt launch or toss, that creates anticipation to get rewarded. How about marketing sits down with the die-hard fans like us on this blog or the fans that have traveled near and far to see FAU play.  I have been to many of the games, actually went to the Minnesota game where we actually beat a Power 5. That means something, that shows how dedicated and how long I have followed and backed this program. You need input to create traditions as well as create a legacy,  if you are throwing millions into this investment.  Another  observation usually teams have new uniforms for big time night games like a black outs or some alternate jersey that they release for prime-time or ranked opponents.   Remember our cool jerseys against UM and we hung through  with them for 2 quarters a few years ago, the little things matter to build morale and player excitement.   We didn't do that….signs of not seizing the moment.  Man it would've been nice to see our 2017 team face UCF on Saturday.  
Back to the top

A lot of the absurdities of the stadium experience have been noted already but I came across a situation immediately that told me there were going to be problems.  We went in gate 1 at 5:45.  Short line, one basket for your personal belonging.  Then the scan. Ok.  Then at the entrance there was a dispute with the family ahead of me.  They were allowing them to bring in an ipad for their child because they are not allowed.  The couple had the printed page of stadium info and could not find where ipads were not allowed.  The woman's response was that "I make the rules here"..

I don't know how that ended up, but I don't see it ending well.  

Then I noticed that my caramel popcorn vendor was not on the deck  where it usually is.  I went back downstairs and took a tour of the bottom level, and , sure enough, they are not there this year.  I know that is a nit, but what was really bothering was when I went back upstairs, I was not challenged at all for my ticket for access to the deck.  I have associates that just flat out laugh at the idea of paying the full fare for those tickets.  They get the cheap seats and say they have never had a problem getting upstairs.    

I could care less what the heck they do or how they handle their own moral dilemmas, but I think it shows a lack of respect from FAU for the people that have supported them from the start by continuing to purchase the overpriced season tickets.

I like Brian White and really believe he will do his best to set the course straight, but he has really walked into a mess that has been allowed to continue for too long.  I know it was a big game, but we have had them before.  Are there no lessons learned for history?  They need to set the goal of providing a "first class experience" for the Wagner games, and the CUSA games.  By using them as their "Practice" games, they they may learn how to properly prepare, staff, train, and develop logistics that work for the big games.
Back to the top

Hey. You guys know that one guy who is coaching us and looks so miserable that he’s here? Yea, let’s fire him and get a guy that actually cares about our program 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Hey. You guys know that one guy who is coaching us and looks so miserable that he’s here? Yea, let’s fire him and get a guy that actually cares about our program 
Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 10:36 AM #388437

Did you really think we would win these two games?

Stop. 
Back to the top

For real. Do you know that millions of people know who FAU is now. Kiffin still has a winning record here. And at the very least we need to give him a couple years so his great recruiting classes can be upper classmen. But back to the game, I don't know why Bryant and Raine were only on the field at the same time for a few plays. Against OSU the we did the 2 te package a heck of a lot more.
Back to the top

Shane is right. Go ahead and complain about the little things. But stop with the fire lane stuff. Ok FAU,  ill give you a freeby.  No entrance in the Hyundai deck by that small entrance by the men's rest room. Only exit. The only entrance is by the Howard statue. Present ticket. Tear ticket in half.  Voiding future use of the ticket. Use the wrist bands that were used in the past for folks that want to leave and get back in. No whole ticket, no wrist band, no entrance. Sure some will figure out a way to sneak in . But less than 5% of what is sneaking in now. A UCF family told me all their special sections require a lanyard ( One of those necklace things). Season ticket holders are getting sick of it.  
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 10:36 AM #388437

Did you really think we would win these two games?

Stop. 
Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 10:52 AM #388438

OC40 the voice of reason *shudder*

OC40 was the original "Fire the coach" guy and he was right back then and was he's right now. Lane has proven he can win now I want to see if he can prove consistency. The new defense looks decent but was worn down by never getting off the field.

I hope against wagner Robison can take a night off and we can give the other QB's on our roster actual playing time.  

Back to the top

Sigh…….

Where to begin…..  

I sit in some expensive seats with people that also have suites and/ or are board members  and the rumblings of complaints are showing up there as well with stadium gameday mgmt but I'll leave that for another day.  Things like this come down to $$$ and experience of big game day experiences which we dont have.  

Program:  I've been here from the very beginning.  Personally I believe last year was the biggest waste of an opportunity to step the program up to the next level following the success of 2017, especially with all the returning talent.  Even with terrible losses to OU and Ucf we should have still dominated the rest of the competition.  Everyone talking oh we only lost so many games less than 7 pts and in the 2nd half screw that, the rest of our schedule was against the absolute worst of college football.  I mean its embarrassing we are even in close ballgames with the majority of Cusa.   With the coaching talent and the situation as a whole of Fau compared to other Cusa programs we should not be in this situation at this point in time.  The problem is not that we are losing to great teams like this but that we are still getting destroyed and made to look like chumps at this day and point in our program.  We are just not seeing any progression.  
Back to the top
Control functions: