Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations- UCF game

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

We talk about the issues in great length on the podcast, but one I missed I am hearing now is how kiosks were price gouging.

I paid 8.00 per beer 12oz domestic at a kiosk on the deck just feet away from where I could get the 4 dollar paradise pricing.

Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 9:41 AM #388433
I can vouch for this - my cousin bought beers for both of us from a mobile vendor and turned away saying "he just ripped us off but everything else is packed".
Back to the top

I love being proven correct. But I was trying to buy into what people like OC were saying about our receivers being better than 50% of the nation's receiving cores and guys like Mitchell stepping up. But we don't. And why we didn't run 2 tight end sets as much as against OSU I have no clue. Not only do we need Bryant out there, we need Raine too. That was shocking. I thought we played our best football with the 2 tight ends in.
The only reason I felt we had a chance was because of Wimbush starting (yea right) and our 2 tight end sets. Once I knew Gabriel started, I knew it was going to be tough. Just got to keep on getting top recruiting classes. Once they're upper classmen we will be able to see how it's worked out. We couldn't move the ball again, like I was worried about. I brought it up here. We keep on having these slow developing run plays that get stuffed every other time. Sure sometimes we'll break one. But that's no way to play. It's the same as last year. No one is open. Even the times Robison has protection, no one was open. I really think we should be getting good wr recruits because we're getting good rb recruits.
Back to the top

Our LG and RT are much bigger issues than WR.

Chris does not have time to let routes develop. I actually saw WR's getting open at times, but CR was running around.

I get the two young tackles struggling, but Lane called out BJ Ettienne yesterday which disappointing as he was someone who I thought would take a big step forward this year.

I am not panicking until I see this team does not have to play the OSU's and UCF's of the world.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I am not panicking until I see this team does not have to play the OSU's and UCF's of the world.

Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 9:04 PM #388458
Let's meet back here on Sunday.  :Laughing:Which doesn't mean I'm panicking, just that Ball State is coming up quick.
Back to the top

I did leave at halftime but I saw maybe a handful of plays when a receiver was open. It certainly wasn't enough. It's the same guys as last year. There's nothing you can do but line up the tight ends as receivers and hope someone steps up next year, Wynn? I'm not going to name names, as I am partial to players who have been at FAU their entire careers. But if we had someone as physical as Khalib Woods, it would transform our offense.
Back to the top

It's good that Brian White personally made a statement addressing the concerns from both sets of fans.

Safe to say, I still have 110% confidence in his leadership.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

He addressed it quickly and the staff over there has done a great job at reaching out to make sure that I knew my concerns were heard, and I appreciate that.

The issue is that FAU has a hard time retaining talent so for this leadership team, these are first time issues, and for some of us, we've been dealing with the junk since the 2011 Opening. I say 2011 because the two biggest games at Lockhart that I recall were Colgate and USF and I don't recall any real issues at either game.

Now comes the important part, if USF brings a crowd next year, will we be able to handle it properly? Apologies work once or twice, now it's time to fix the issue.
Back to the top

The tailgating was fun!  Best FAU tailgate I've ever been to by far.

I'm late but I can say, I walked to the gate at 7 and got right in, I did see a long line at one gate, so I walked to another.  I didn't get anything from the concession stand so I can't speak on that.

What happened to our band?  Do we have one?  I saw a few scattered in the section next to the students, but pretty sad.

On the field…where do I start? 
Back to the top
Control functions: