Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Charlotte -- Pre-game Event

I am driving to the FAU @ Charlotte game and will be hosting a pre-game reception at a restaurant that looks to be within walking distance of the stadium – at the most, it's a 3-minute Uber ride. The reception details are still being worked out. Alumni in/around Charlotte will receive email communication from the Alumni Relations office, so if your email address isn't updated, make sure it's updated!

If we host the reception … will you attend? The restaurant is asking for a minimum $$$ spend $$$ (which is fair of them to do), so I ask for your … "I am more than halfway sure I will be there" … commitment that you'll attend and spend $25 on food and drink. Will you?

Thanks, and see you in Charlotte.
-$mitty'07

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I am going to the Charlotte game with a friend and my son and might be interested.  Where and when and I can let you know.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I am going to the Charlotte game with a friend and my son and might be interested.  Where and when and I can let you know.
Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 7:44 AM #388526

12:30 - 2:30 is probably going to be the timeframe … and the location is TBD, but we are looking at Boardwalk Billy's, which was suggested to me by someone.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

That’s right across the street from the stadium and our hotel so you can count us in.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 7:44 AM #388526

12:30 - 2:30 is probably going to be the timeframe … and the location is TBD, but we are looking at Boardwalk Billy's, which was suggested to me by someone.
Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 8:23 AM #388527

Awesome!  Thanks for setting this up!  I might swing by, but I can't give a solid 100%, yes.  I prefer to tailgate.  Y''all are more than welcome to swing by!!!  I will have plenty of beverages (adult and kids) and tailgate snacks.  I usually park on the top deck of a garages.  Smitty, how do I make sure my email is update?  Thanks for taking time to this matter and setting this up!!!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

That’s right across the street from the stadium and our hotel so you can count us in.
Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 9:17 AM #388529

What hotel are you staying at?
Back to the top

NCOwl said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 10:45 AM #388531

Springhill Suites across the street from that restaurant.  Good choice?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NCOwl - Fill out this form on the Alumni Relations Office site: https://fauf.fau.edu/update-your-information/ 

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

NCOwl said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 10:45 AM #388531

Springhill Suites across the street from that restaurant.  Good choice?
Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 10:59 AM #388532

Is the address 8700 Research Drive?  If so, I stayed there 2 years ago and will probably be staying there again.  GO OWLS!
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

NCOwl - Fill out this form on the Alumni Relations Office site: https://fauf.fau.edu/update-your-information/ 
Posted On: Sep 14th 2019, 11:49 AM #388535

Thanks, bud!  I just updated my information.  Hope to see y'all in Charlotte.  GO OWLS!!
Back to the top
Control functions: