Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Prediction: 2019 Week 4 FAU vs Wagner

GeorgiaOwl said

Did he really let himself get up to 260???? Wow, more like a blocking TE size!
Posted On: Sep 18th 2019, 8:56 AM #388767

He changed positions at SMU, I think he was on the dline.
Back to the top

I was going to make some crazy-rather-than-bold (like 40 or 50 point cushion) prediction after seeing the Owls score 41 points last week.  Wagner is 0-3, including a 10-point loss to D2 East Stroudsburg (although that is where James Franklin played college football) and another 16-point loss to Stony Brook (who is a decent FCS team).  The only game they have been close in - and got to 20 points in - was against lowly UCONN.

But then I read the game thread from the last time FAU played the Seahawks.  I for the life of my can't see that happening again, as the Owls simply have too much talent and team speed.  I also expect a Bethune-type deal where the starters are taken out at halftime and the team lets up and allows some yards/points they shouldn't.  But on paper, this should be at least a 28-point win, and the good guys head into 2 very winnable games to open C-USA play with momentum.
Back to the top

FAU 52 Wagner 10 Go Owls 🦉! 
Back to the top

38-10....we might be overlooking this one a bit....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

38-10….we might be overlooking this one a bit….
Posted On: Sep 19th 2019, 7:52 AM #388787

That’s what I said. I’d rather have the starters pulled early than blow the doors off them and risk injury 
Back to the top

Must win going into conference play. Wagner played tough against UConn in week one. Owls dominate athletically, but need to play for this game and not look ahead.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 38

WAGNER 13

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

45-10

Owls Win

:cool:
Back to the top

FAU 45 - Wagner 13 (they score late in the game)
I want to see Tronti playing on the 3dr Qt and Posey during the 4th Qt.
Back to the top

With the redshirt rule allowing play in 4 games, I certainly expect several Freshman to see the field for significant playing time so the staff can judge how much to use them the rest of the way. 
Back to the top

Let's not fool around with this fresh bodies idea unless we are up 28 - then be ready to reinsert starters if needed, look and the BCU game last year!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: