Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Charlotte - September 28, 2019

Add topic

I live in a high rise where the entire building has Dish. In the past year they dropped HBO, espnu,  foxsn1., btn.  Still have NFL and picked up acc. I wonder why the providers are making so many changes?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I live in a high rise where the entire building has Dish. In the past year they dropped HBO, espnu,  foxsn1., btn.  Still have NFL and picked up acc. I wonder why the providers are making so many changes?
Posted On: Sep 28th 2019, 9:46 AM #389060

Probably money 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Roscoeowl said

Hate the fact that at this point and time in our program we are still having to be concerned about coming up with a win against a uncc program that has only been playing football what 6 years now??  Its still uncc, But here we are still.  Anyways, something that concerns me that hasn't been brought up is that the majority of their team knows the ins and outs of our defensive schemes and looks with Glenn Spencer moving over to us over the offseason.  We will def have to out talent them if we are going to win this game because all the looks and schemes we throw at them they should know like the back of their hand.  
Posted On: Sep 26th 2019, 8:16 AM #389042

Good news to this though is the entirely new Coaching staff and different O scheme they run - heavily dependent on the run (64%). But to me, like ALL games, it comes down to the lines. IF our O and D lines play well we win, if not…

And especially the D line, the UNCC O line is actually smallish for todays game, 2 guys listed right at 300, the other 3 under 300. IF we do at least as good as against Ball St. (basically same size OL as UNCC) we should be ok, force them to throw the ball!!!
Posted On: Sep 26th 2019, 10:50 AM #389044

Yeah new coaches but same players for most part, (insert millenials short term memory/attention span joke here to trigger OC. Lol. Jk Shane) but like you said I agree I think our D line should match up well against their oline which should be what sets the tone.  
Back to the top

Things get serious from here on out as FAU begins C-USA play at Charlotte.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Partly cloudy skies, with temps in the upper 80's for kickoff today. Sounds pretty similar to a gameday back in Boca, except for the 50% humidity.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

Odds Shark now has FAU  as the favourite.  Says they will win. Barely. But a win.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2019, 6:19 AM #389056

With just over an hour to go:

3 favor UNCC by 1
3 have it tied
2 favor Owls by 1

Never seen it that close before…average it all out and its basically a draw…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

And don't forget, the home team gets ~+3 advantage.

Will say that the Charlotte fans have gotten up for this game. Looking at social media, this is the most excited they've been since the founding of their program, and it's Homecoming. Could be a pretty hostile crowd at Jerry Richardson Stadium.

To be fair, I think since Lane Kiffin has called Boca home, about every conference road game has been more hostile to FAU than before. Especially since this is the first year we have visited many of these campuses that witnessed the beatdowns we gave them in 2017.

Back to the top

REMINDER: Despite what ESPN said in their uniform segment this morning, FAU will be wearing their all-whites today in Charlotte.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

REMINDER: Despite what ESPN said in their uniform segment this morning, FAU will be wearing their all-whites today in Charlotte.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2019, 2:53 PM #389072

Storm Troopers!!!!
Back to the top

Harrison Bryant is a GO for today's game against Charlotte.

Back to the top
Control functions: