Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: 2019 Week 5 FAU @ Charlotte

FAU opens Conference USA play this week with Charlotte. Coming into the year I think many of us thought this would be an easy win, but Charlotte looks much improved with Will Healy as the new HC. I really don't know which way to go with this game because I think there is a lot of question marks surrounding both teams. Charlottes best player is RB Benny Lemay, and FAU will need to keep him in check to win this game. I do think FAU's run defense has been solid this year to maybe limit his success.

Vegas has this one as a toss up, and I tend to agree. FAU in order to win this game has to have improved play on the O line this week compare to what we saw against Wagner. FAU needs 125 yards rushing to give balance to the offense, and to slow down the pass rushers. Looks like Malcolm Davidson returned practiced this week I hope he can play because I think he adds an explosive dimension to our running game we are missing. If Robison has time to throw the ball and we can make plays on the outside FAU wins.

I am going with my heart on this one:

FAU wins 35-30
Back to the top

Have to go with what is most "rationally" likely take place…

Weather looks great, it will be like a dry early June day here (90')…Little wind, and no rain…All this plays in our favor and against them as it is 10+ degrees above normal.

I believe that the o-line is feeling embarrassed from Kiffin being so honest about their play, and that they have been working hard to right the ship as well…they need to.

Still, Charlotte is very fundamental, so we will likely see only slight gains in overall performance per carry.

Do not feel comfortable with our defense against the run, and am concerned about fatigue later in the game.

All this combines to present a very tough call.

My gut says that unless we turn the ball over 2 or more times, we should win this game…otherwise flip the score and add three points to Charlotte.

33 - 29

Owls
Back to the top

Can we get an update from Shane on injuries?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This one is going be very close and might be the closest conference game we play all year. Aside from So. Miss and Marshall at home, I don’t see a game of concern assuming the team stays intact. I’m going to go with my heart and say 45-35 Owls in a shootout and Vladi Rivas seals the game as a little revenge from last year.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Sep 25th 2019, 6:26 PM #389032

No, but you can get an update from Ryan…

MID-WEEK MASH UP: FAU @ Charlotte - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Sep 25th 2019, 6:26 PM #389032

It's tough in college as they do not have NFL standards when it comes to reporting injuries and FAU limits what can be reported.

I do not think anyone major will be held out based on some of Lanes comments, but I would be a little surprised if anyone major was missing.
Back to the top

1. FAU wins 35-30. Charlotte is going to make a bowl this year and could go on a solid run even after this game. 
  2. I agree with Rick that the o-line finally gets it together. Desmond Noel plays significant snaps at LG and the running backs take advantage. 
  3. Malcolm Davidson returns but on limited reps. He still scores his first career TD. John Raine, John Mitchell and Pico Harrison also score. 
  4. Ahman Ross scores a defensive touchdown when he recovers a fumble from LeMay and takes it to the house. I’m getting this gutsy with my picks. 
  5. Robison manages the game and doesn’t quite shred Charlotte’s defense, but he doesn’t have to. Think the ODU game last year where he finished with 300+ yards but he managed offense really well. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Hit me this week that I’ve been looking forward to the MTSU and Marshall games.  Considered that stretch to define our season.

Hope the team hasn’t followed suit.

This game means more than I realized to this season.  

Tough game, grind it out type.  Feel lucky to get away with a win.

FAU 17  Charlotte 13.  Please let me be right.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Don't feel good about this one. UNCC.. 34 FSU.28
Back to the top

Dang auto correct.  FAU  28.  Posting in the dark while  walking dogs.
Back to the top
Control functions: