Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-5-19

Add topic

With five teams, including Florida Atlantic, on their bye week, it’s a lighter schedule around Conference USA this week. Five Saturday games, including four division matchups in league play comprise the week six C-USA docket.

East Division foes Marshall and Middle Tennessee meet up in Murfreesboro in the conference opener for both schools. The teams have split six matchups as members of Conference USA, with the road team winning the past two years.

Old Dominion will play its first league game in the renovated S.B. Ballard Stadium when WKU comes to town. The Monarchs, who are playing their conference opener, won a wild game by three points last year in Bowling Green over the Hilltoppers, who are in first place in the East Division with a 2-0 record in league play.

UAB will put its 14-game home field winning streak on the line when it welcomes Rice to Birmingham. The Blazers have the top ranked total defense and scoring defense in C-USA, but those are two categories that the Owls are showing significant improvement in this fall despite playing the nation’s sixth-toughest schedule through five weeks.

In-state rivals UTSA and UTEP will battle in El Paso. The Roadrunners, coming off their bye week, have had success running the ball this season, ranking fourth in the league averaging 166.5 yards on the ground. The Miners offense received a late spark last week from senior QB Kai Locksley, who came off the bench to throw for 109 yards and rush for 114 in the fourth quarter, including a 63-yard touchdown.

The lone non-conference game on the schedule is Massachusetts at FIU.  This is the third straight season that the Minutemen are visiting Miami, as the Panthers looked to get back on track coming off a bye week.  FIU has scored 63 points against UMass in each of the last two years.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5th

Marshall at Middle Tenn. (CBSSN/FB)        3:30 pm
WKU at Old Dominion (ESPN+)                 6 pm
Massachusetts at FIU (ESPN+)                 7 pm
Rice at UAB (ESPN+)                               7 pm
UTSA at UTEP (ESPN+)                            8 pm

Back to the top

Everyone wants to act like C-USA football ain’t all that but I’ll be tuning into MTSU v Marshall expecting a wildly entertaining game!
Back to the top

I hope they beat the heck out of each other! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I'm watching the game on Facebook and thinking, this is better than ESPN+. That probably isn't true. But right now it feels true.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

I'm watching the game on Facebook and thinking, this is better than ESPN+. That probably isn't true. But right now it feels true.
Posted On: Oct 5th 2019, 3:48 PM #389415

There is no comparison, IMHO.

ESPN+ is terrible…have never had a good experience with it.

Trash.
Back to the top

Rick said

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Oct 5th 2019, 3:48 PM #389415

There is no comparison, IMHO.

ESPN+ is terrible…have never had a good experience with it.

Trash.
Posted On: Oct 5th 2019, 4:23 PM #389416

I love ESPN + , smart TV so I can easily switch between streaming and cable and no streaming issues.  Wish it was on cable of course but no issues.  ESPN+ is better because you can pause, FB you can’t.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Guess it depends on how you access it then, because it always buffers or simply won't play at times for me no matter what connection carrier…but that's from a laptop…none of the other networks do that, just them.

Oh well….
Back to the top

So Middle is a pretty fundamentally solid football team...kind of surprised by the likley outcome to be, but Marshall has not impressed...not sure how they played BSU so close.
Back to the top

FINAL:

Marshall 13  MTSU 24

Blue Raiders win their C-USA opener, and go for 261 yards in the air.
Back to the top

Rick said

Guess it depends on how you access it then, because it always buffers or simply won't play at times for me no matter what connection carrier…but that's from a laptop…none of the other networks do that, just them.

Oh well….
Posted On: Oct 5th 2019, 5:44 PM #389418

I actually had that issue with FB live today lol. ESPN+ on phone or smart TV is actually pretty good but I liked our games on local channel 15 better. I guess ESPN+ is the future though
Back to the top
Control functions: