Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-2-19

Add topic

Six of seven games are slated for the daytime this Saturday as week 10 in Conference USA Football takes place with five league matchups and two non-conference contests on the docket.

The day’s action begins with FIU hosting Old Dominion in Miami.  The Panthers are third in C-USA in rushing offense (194.2 yards per game with 16 rushing scores), but the Monarchs are fourth in the league against the run (134.1 per game).

UTSA will step out of conference in the early kickoff, visiting Texas A&M.  Roadrunners RB Sincere McCormick ranks fourth among the nation’s freshmen with 567 rushing yards and tops UTSA with six touchdowns.

Middle Tennessee and Charlotte meet with both teams coming off ground game-led victories last week.  The Blue Raiders had three players run for more than 100 yards last week, while 49ers senior RB Benny LeMay (league-high 822 yards on the season) gained 155 on the ground with three more TDs in the last minute victory over North Texas.

Marshall will take to the road seeking a third straight win and bowl-eligibility when it goes to Rice.  The Thundering Herd leads C-USA in rushing, picking up an average of 211.4 yards per game on the ground.  The Owls have played smart football, committing the fewest penalties (26) in the FBS this year, while throwing just three interceptions (only six schools in the country have less).

In-state rivals UTEP and North Texas hook up for the 27th time, meeting in Denton, TX.  Both starting quarterbacks are coming off strong games. Miners QB Kai Locksley opened 8-of-9 and finished 17-of-30 for 227 yards with one touchdown through the air and one on the ground.  Mean Green QB Mason Fine has re-written the school’s passing record book, including last Saturday when he threw a career-high five TD passes to give him a league-high 20 on the season.

A key East Division showdown takes place in Bowling Green when Florida Atlantic comes to town to face WKU.  The Owls high-powered offense has scored 28 or more points in six straight weeks, while the Hilltoppers defense has not allowed more than 26 points in five C-USA games, averaging just 14.0 points against in league play.

Saturday’s action finishes up with UAB playing at Tennessee.  The Blazers defense ranks fifth in the FBS in total defense (allowing 248.6 yards per game), and 11th in scoring defense (15.7).

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19th

Old Dominion at FIU (ESPN+)  12 pm

UTSA at Texas A&M (SEC Network)  12 pm

Middle Tenn. at Charlotte (ESPN3)  3:30 pm

UTEP at North Texas (NFLN)  3:30 pm

Marshall at Rice (Stadium/FB)  3:30 pm

Florida Atlantic at WKU (ESPN+)  4 pm

UAB at Tennessee (ESPNU)  7 pm

Back to the top

FIU is bad, very bad
Back to the top

owlmart said

FIU is bad, very bad
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2019, 1:39 PM #390365

This is the content I live for on this board!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

owlmart said

FIU is bad, very bad
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2019, 1:39 PM #390365

This is the content I live for on this board!
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2019, 1:43 PM #390366

Will always amaze me that our stadiums cost roughly the same (FAU about 20% more but later in time so need an inflation adjustment) and our stadium has 10,000 more seats (50% bigger than their crate) and objectively nicer in all ways (Delray & Hyundai deck, beach sand and palm trees, real grass, individual chair backs for every seat, better scoreboard, a real press box, etc.).

Makes you really wonder about their administrative leadership’s decision-making skills (or lack thereof). Pete Garcia. L O L.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

FINAL:

ODU 17  FIU 24

The Monarchs have a chance to come back with 1:09 to play but a turnover seals it for the Panthers.
Back to the top

FINAL:

UTSA 14  Texas A&M 45
Back to the top

Rice is helping us out. They have a 7-3 lead over Marshall.
Back to the top

well that last only so long. 17-7 Marshall.
Back to the top

heading to the fourth in Houston. 17-7 Marshall.
Back to the top

correction 3rd still in Rice.
Back to the top
Control functions: