Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA FOOTBALL: Games for Week of 11-23-19

Add topic

Wow FIU just got another TD. Considering how we clobbered FIU, UM fans must be suicidal to be down 23-3.
Back to the top

23-3 FIU with 10 mins left in the 4th. Holy shite.....
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

Are the FIU students going to be happy if FIU wins or sad because their real favorite team Miami lost??
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2019, 9:30 PM #391087

As disappointing a season it has been for them, this win will make up for all of it and is a flagship win for the program (and should get them in a bowl). Good job by them!..and oh how I would love to pay UM (my other alma mater) in a bowl now lol.
Back to the top

30-17 FIU with 2 mins to go
Back to the top

FIU wins. They are also bowl eligible
Back to the top

FINAL:

FIU 30  Miami 24

Congrats to Butch, that is a well deserved win given all he has been through since taking over at FIU.

Very fitting he would be the thorn in the side.

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

d-owl said

OwlPT15 said

Are the FIU students going to be happy if FIU wins or sad because their real favorite team Miami lost??
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2019, 9:30 PM #391087

As disappointing a season it has been for them, this win will make up for all of it and is a flagship win for the program (and should get them in a bowl). Good job by them!..and oh how I would love to pay UM (my other alma mater) in a bowl now lol.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2019, 10:01 PM #391093

*cough* Gaspirilla *cough*
Back to the top

Their time out injury flops are going to be discussed.
Back to the top

After catching five passes for 121 yards and scoring a pair of fourth quarter touchdowns in a win over Marshall that made Charlotte bowl-eligible for the first time, 49ers sophomore WR Victor Tucker has been named the C-USA Offensive Player of the Week.

The Defensive Player of the Week honor went to WKU junior DE Deangelo Malone, who had seven tackles, two TFL’s, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble that he returned for a touchdown in a victory at Southern Miss.

The Special Teams Player of the Week award was given to FIU junior K Jose Borregales, who made three field goals, including two from 50+ yards, in a win over crosstown foe Miami.  C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.

Back to the top

Sad to see this (sorta). This is a link to a video of FIU entering the field at their HOME game last week vs. Miami.
It was in Marlins Park but still…….

Eric Henry on Twitter: "FIU practiced with crowd noise all week. Why would they for a home game - this should answer that. #PawsUp… "

So glad FIU got the last laugh!!! Good for them , good for CUSA and good for ALL G5 teams!
Back to the top
Control functions: