Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA FOOTBALL: Games for Week of 11-23-19

Add topic

Oh, and even sadder was announced attendance was just over 27,000 at what is basically a home game for both teams - so very sad and bad!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Oh, and even sadder was announced attendance was just over 27,000 at what is basically a home game for both teams - so very sad and bad!
Posted On: Nov 28th 2019, 11:16 AM #391186

There is no way there was even close to 27k there. 

Stadium only seats just above 35k and they had thousands of seats blocked off. 

The remaining seats were about half full. So I’m figuring 13k total. 

I went online a few days before the game to see how many tickets were available. Could have bought blocks of 20 in every section. 

Probably a real failure from a ticket sales standpoint. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Imagine, a game where both teams are within 10 miles of the stadium, in a city (Miami) of 470K, in a County (Dade) of 2.7 MILLION, in a Metropolitan Area (Dade/Broward/Palm Beach Counties) of 6.2 MILLION where one team is a nationally recognized brand nit even close to half filling a major League baseball stadium!

2 MAC teams in Ohio could do better!!!

FAU DID WAY BETTER!!!!!

TO ME, NO WAY FIU EVER GETS INVITED TO A BIGGER CONFERENCE DUE TO JUST THIS GAMES SAD/PATHETIC ATTENDANCE!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Imagine, a game where both teams are within 10 miles of the stadium, in a city (Miami) of 470K, in a County (Dade) of 2.7 MILLION, in a Metropolitan Area (Dade/Broward/Palm Beach Counties) of 6.2 MILLION where one team is a nationally recognized brand nit even close to half filling a major League baseball stadium!

FAU DID WAY BETTER!!!!!

TO ME, NO WAY FIU EVER GETS INVITED TO A BIGGER CONFERENCE DUE TO JUST THIS GAMES SAD/PATHETIC ATTENDANCE!!!

Posted On: Nov 29th 2019, 8:57 AM #391196

Agreed we might have to start sizing up USF for a new rivalry series FIU just isn’t holding up their end of the deal 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

GeorgiaOwl said

FAU DID WAY BETTER!!!!!

Agreed we might have to start sizing up USF for a new rivalry series FIU just isn’t holding up their end of the deal 
Posted On: Nov 29th 2019, 10:50 AM #391197

I love the enthusiasm and I do think we do a better job than FIU with our core of fans.

In reality, we are still really bad and have zero room to talk. The AAC will not look at our 10k butts in the seats and FIU's 5k and say "wow FAU really is ahead.''

If you think conferences look at one game as a type of barometer for an invitation you're mistaken.

And if they did what will they think when they see FAU's attendance today? Top 10 home game in school history for and how many students out of 28k will make it a priority to come back this Thanksgiving weekend? 200 maybe?

I have said I think we have great leadership in athletics now who will help grow FAU, but until that happens we should be getting on fans who will choose Christmas shopping today, or have missed 2 games this year because they did not say no to a fall weddings, and the 3k students who tailgate and head back to the dorms after.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

LawOwl said

GeorgiaOwl said

FAU DID WAY BETTER!!!!!

Posted On: Nov 29th 2019, 10:50 AM #391197

I love the enthusiasm and I do think we do a better job than FIU with our core of fans.

In reality, we are still really bad and have zero room to talk. The AAC will not look at our 10k butts in the seats and FIU's 5k and say "wow FAU really is ahead.''

If you think conferences look at one game as a type of barometer for an invitation you're mistaken.

And if they did what will they think when they see FAU's attendance today? Top 10 home game in school history for and how many students out of 28k will make it a priority to come back this Thanksgiving weekend? 200 maybe?

I have said I think we have great leadership in athletics now who will help grow FAU, but until that happens we should be getting on fans who will choose Christmas shopping today, or have missed 2 games this year because they did not say no to a fall weddings, and the 3k students who tailgate and head back to the dorms after.

Posted On: Nov 30th 2019, 8:12 AM #391209

They look at:
- media market
- facilities
- room to grow

Unless you think Rutgers was invited to the Big 10 for their attendance. 

Luckily, we check off all 3 of those boxes. Not saying we will get invited, but our hat should be tossed in the ring. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: