Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

UAB is going to get crushed…sorry to say, but book it.

Back to the top

Based on what we saw this past Saturday, if UAB was the best team out of the West this will be a bad year for C-USA teams in general.  I guess they had that #5 defense because they had such an easy schedule.  UAB is an all-around good story, but that was not a very good football team outside of their kicker.  And not that I think the East are world-beaters, but if the Blazers were on our side of the conference they may not have even been bowl-eligible.

May still have gotten to go to New Orleans as a 6-6 or 7-5 team, but App is going to beat them silly. 
Back to the top

I do wonder how much "say" schools like UM and FSU have in saying who they will and won't play. I wish we had gotten either one because this is the year they are BOTH very beatable. AND THEY KNOW IT!!! :Laughing:
Back to the top

BAHAMAS BOWL FINAL:

Buffalo 31  Charlotte 9

Charlotte tried to battle back in the second half, but couldn't overcome a fast start by Buffalo falling 31-9 in the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl on Friday afternoon. Charlotte ends the year at 7-6 after making it's first-ever bowl appearance.

"That's not the way we wanted to play today," began 49ers head coach Will Healy. "I don't think that's a secret to anybody. It felt like anytime we tried to get some momentum going, they were able to take it away from us. We didn't execute well and obviously did some things that didn't help ourselves with turnovers, penalties and didn't tackle very well. That's a really good football team in Buffalo, when you do those things, that's probably the result you're going to get every time. They got after us today so congratulations to them."

Buffalo (8-5) scored on its first drive with a 12-yard touchdown pass to take a 7-0 lead into the second quarter. The Bulls added a 15-play, 74-yard TD drive that soaked up 8:26 of the second quarter and converted one of Charlotte's two turnovers into a 31-yard field goal for a 17-0 lead at the half.

Charlotte got on the board in the third quarter when Chris Reynolds hit Victor Tucker on a crossing route for a 51-yard touchdown pass. The historic touchdown was not only the 49ers' first in a bowl, but Reynolds' single-season school-record 22nd passing TD of the year.

On the ensuing Buffalo drive, the Charlotte defense held the Bulls to a quick three-and-out before the offense marched down the field to set up a 32-yard field goal from Jonathan Cruz. Tucker opened up the drive hauling in 12 more yards from Reynolds and Reynolds later found Tyler Ringwood on a 25-yard toss.

"I told the guys in the locker room today this is not the outcome that I expected or wanted," continued Healy. "But these guys have to realize what they've accomplished this year. You talk about a group that sat in the locker room the last time this happened and we were 2-5 at WKU. The next thing you know, the guys responded and led us to playing in an unbelievable bowl game in the Bahamas."

Reynolds finished the afternoon 15-of-24 for 198 yards and a touchdown and ended the year just 17 yards shy of the school's single-season record. Ringwood caught five passes for 64 yards with Cameron Dollar having a big first half posting four catches for 48 yards.

"I can't say enough about the hospitality that was shown all week long. This game is first class. They do it the right way and with really good people. We had a tremendous experience and these guys deserved it. I would have loved to play better on national television in our first ever bowl game, but we didn't. I need to go back and figure out what I need to do to make sure our team is more prepared when this happens."

Back to the top

Rick said

BAHAMAS BOWL FINAL:

Buffalo 31  Charlotte 9
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 10:57 PM #392531

I bet the bahamas bowl wished it had booked FAU.
Back to the top

Back to the top

CAMELLIA BOWL FINAL:

FIU 26  Arkansas State 34

The Panthers miss what is normally an automatic field goal to go ahead late in the fourth quarter, then give up a score, and throw it away twice while attempting the come back attempt.

Back to the top

NEW ORLEANS Bowl FINAL

UAB 17  Appalachian State 31

The Blazers take a quick 14-0 lead before the offense stalls. 
Back to the top

FIU beat Miami just a few weeks ago and then lost to a Sunbelt team last night. Interesting.
Congratulations ASU.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

CUSA NOT doing well so far (1-3) with the lone win (BIG WIN!) by FAU over AAC SMU!

Two losses to SunBelt and one to MAC - UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: