Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Assistant Coaching Changes, 2019-2020

With the departure of Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss, we're expecting to see some transition among the assistant coaching ranks.

Would coaches do y'all think FAU needs to work the hardest to keep? What coaches does Lane bring with him to Oxford? If an there's an opening, who would you like to see fill that position?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

My daughter already texted me from school and said Love is gone.  Is that official?  Certainly would be expected.

Coaches to keep, I would say Spencer (what a turnaround on D this year), Smith (keeps churning out NFL-caliber numbers from our RBs), Trickett and Wiess, Jr. have seemed to be very good recruiters.
Back to the top

And just like that, Wilson Love is gone. FAU's will have a void under it's Strength & Conditioning position. Lane Kiffin recently gave Love a promotion to Assistant Head Coach in order to prevent him being poached away from major P-5 programs.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I knew Kiffin would take Love with him. I think he’ll be a big loss. Spencer, smith and Trickett are the coaches I hope stay on staff.
Back to the top

OwlBadger said

I knew Kiffin would take Love with him. I think he’ll be a big loss. Spencer, smith and Trickett are the coaches I hope stay on staff.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:12 PM #391802

I agree imagine if we had spencer last year
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

And just like that, Wilson Love is gone. FAU's will have a void under it's Strength & Conditioning position. Lane Kiffin recently gave Love a promotion to Assistant Head Coach in order to prevent him being poached away from major P-5 programs.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:48 AM #391791

I think any of them will take the offer to go to Oxford. The chances of being fired by a new coach is very very high. Who wants to be unemployed and have to look for another job. Although, these coaches have good resumes and would probably get picked up but its the stress of having to go through it. Who would want it.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I also heard that Smith will be going with him. Figured he would.
Back to the top

We're got a lot to offer (except a fan base). I don't know why we couldn't make a few demands of a new coach like keeping certain coaches. Obviously if Briles was to get the job it might be an easier sell.
Back to the top

I’d love for Spencer to stay on DC it’s going to be up to the new guy though. But I’m sure he’ll at least get a look. The Defense and particularly the last month of the season really looked dominant 
Back to the top

When you just led the COUNTRY in turnover margin and set some school records for INTs and total takeaways, the DC needs to get a hard look as either the next head coach or at least some strong suggestions to a new coach about retention.  In the end a new HC is going to want to do what he wants to do, but the numbers speak for themselves.

I’ve heard some rumors about Shannon or Chris Kiffin going to Miss, and I hope those are true and Spencer will at least be an option to be in Boca in some capacity. Him getting named interim coach ***probably*** means he is not going with Lane to Oxford, but who knows.
Back to the top
Control functions: