Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: FAU to 2019 Boca Raton Bowl vs SMU

Bowl games are a TV event. Most games that are not playoff games or New Years Day games have attendance issues. It is TV and TV revenue that keeps the Bowls alive. FAU vs SMU is attractive because of the record of the two 10 win teams. FAU at 10-3 vs a Power 5 Miami at  6-6 who already lost to a FIU team that FAU blew out is not attractive. This game is being featured nationally on ABC, not ESPN, ESPN+ CBS SN, Stadium or the lesser TV. The Bowls are loaded with 6-6 and 7-5 team matchups..
Back to the top

Boca Bowl one of only six (6) bowl games pitting 10 wins teams vs. each other! Others are all New Years 6 bowl games!
Back to the top

I'll be there w the wife in our season seats enjoying our 8th home game of the year… whats not to like.   Can't wait to beat SMU!

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I’d like to see them do special tickets for community groups, first responders and teachers in Palm Beach, Broward, and Martin Counties. Great way to get some support for the team. Especially with the game on a Saturday, it could be a major pull. 
Back to the top

How is this for a list the Boca Bowl should be proud of;

2019 Bowls matching two 10+ win teams = Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Cotton Bowl,
BOCA RATON BOWL!

:cool:
Back to the top

Line opens with FAU +3.5 that sounds about right when you take into account that its literally a home game for us but we might not have anybody left to coach…

The more I think about it the more I really like the matchup and it being a home game is super convenient for the fans, but I can see it being a disappointment for the players that don't get the chance to travel.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

How is this for a list the Boca Bowl should be proud of;

2019 Bowls matching two 10+ win teams = Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Cotton Bowl,
BOCA RATON BOWL!

:cool:
Posted On: Dec 9th 2019, 12:47 PM #391921

This is pretty sweet…
 i’m just glad it’s not a MAC team.

GO OWLS! 
Back to the top

I am disappointed for the players as well but as I believe someone pointed out previously SMU is basically #26 and we are basically #30 so if we can win this one with just a bit of help we have a real shot of being ranked in the top 25 to end the season.  That would be a huge first for FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

JBOwl said

I’d like to see them do special tickets for community groups, first responders and teachers in Palm Beach, Broward, and Martin Counties. Great way to get some support for the team. Especially with the game on a Saturday, it could be a major pull. 
Posted On: Dec 9th 2019, 11:38 AM #391918

They try this stuff all season. Makes no difference. 
Back to the top

At least the game is on a Saturday - so the corporations that buy blocks of tickets and give them away or hold contests for them might actually end up having people show up and use them. 
Back to the top
Control functions: