Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

owlmart said

I think this was more about recruiting than X’s and O’s.  Bring Kendal, keep Spencer and we are still a top tier CUSA team
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 4:39 PM #392141

If we're able to do that, then we've worked complete magic.

I doubt it happens though.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Y

Jack D Whidden III said

owlmart said

I think this was more about recruiting than X’s and O’s.  Bring Kendal, keep Spencer and we are still a top tier CUSA team

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 5:22 PM #392153

Agreed if we can get Kendal and keep Spencer its gonna feel as if Kiffin never left.
Back to the top

I just don't get it. He's a big name and has recruited well. But that is all I see. This is a super risky hire.

When we hired Lane, he had 3 years under Saban after his last HC job. Our HC before Lane was 9-27, leaving a large margin for improvement.

Now we are replacing 25-13 and 2 C-USA Conference titles. It was going to be impossible to hire someone to replace him. But they tried to do it by making a splash hire on a big name.

The man was fired 1 month ago and was the joke of the CFB Nation and cost a fortune to get rid of.

Unfortunately hes gonna be in the hole until he can get the team to 1-0.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Y

Jack D Whidden III said

owlmart said

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 5:22 PM #392153

Agreed if we can get Kendal and keep Spencer its gonna feel as if Kiffin never left.

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 5:25 PM #392154

This would be awesome. But is the Briles - Taggart relationship strained? If it is true Taggart didn't let Briles own the play calling at FSU, why will Briles come back?
Back to the top

Expect the team to come out next year in the first game disorganized, under-performing, and penalized, and you won't be disappointed.
Back to the top

The way you describe him, he sounds like a genius.  I'm all in. That might not be the popular opinion yet, but it will be. Fsu was a total mess. I'm sure FAU  looks like paradise to him. Let's start filling the staff and start recruiting.
Back to the top

I agree that the Briles/Taggart relationship is probably strained.  Of course, Kendal will be available.  Leavitt is probably also going to be available, too.

Hopefully, Willie learned some things about his downfall at FSU.  Lane had to learn it after his first couple of jobs as well.  Hire good coordinators and become the CEO rather than trying to do all of the day-to-day stuff.
Back to the top

Owlguin said

Expect the team to come out next year in the first game disorganized, under-performing, and penalized, and you won't be disappointed.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 5:30 PM #392157

I was so happy at 12 today to being so depressed by 5.  I have had 3 friends that sit in my section already tell me they aren't renewing tickets. UGH
Back to the top

I think we should wait to see how Taggart does against SMU on our bowl game. If he leads us to a W, i'm hopping on the Willie Wagon
Back to the top

If the administration was upset with how empty the stadium was for the conference championship game, they better be prepared to be even more let down next season with this hire. 
Back to the top
Control functions: