Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

The difference between Kiffin and Taggart is that Kiffin “learned” from first hand experience working on the staff of the most consistently successful program in the country. Taggart is just jumping around and got canned from his dream job a couple weeks ago.  I don’t see positive PR from this hire. R/cfb has replaced his name with a snake emoji. Lots of people are dubbed elite recruiters but it’s a different ball game when you’re in conference USA. 
Back to the top

owlmart said

In fairness, FSU was going downhill before he got there.  He  just has to steer the ship for 2 seasons then he will be Miami’s new coach.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 4:58 PM #392147

Exactly - Jimbo F..ed up FSU not Taggert.
Back to the top

If this is True, I hope he keeps Spencer as DC
Back to the top

sigep77 said

If the administration was upset with how empty the stadium was for the conference championship game, they better be prepared to be even more let down next season with this hire. 
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 5:40 PM #392162

I get Taggart isn’t the perfect hire, but like who we were gonna get? Yeah there are guys who were ahead on my list, but I don’t understand the I’m dropping my season ticket attitude. I guarantee you willie will be out in the community and around campus more than Lane was. 
Back to the top

Does anyone know what the buyout of Kiffins contract was? Those buyouts always help fund the next coach's salary.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Francois said

If this is True, I hope he keeps Spencer as DC
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 6:16 PM #392165

Fingers crossed!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

sigep77 said

If the administration was upset with how empty the stadium was for the conference championship game, they better be prepared to be even more let down next season with this hire. 

I get Taggart isn’t the perfect hire, but like who we were gonna get? Yeah there are guys who were ahead on my list, but I don’t understand the I’m dropping my season ticket attitude. I guarantee you willie will be out in the community and around campus more than Lane was. 
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 6:21 PM #392166

I supported partridge, lane and now taggart. My love for the program bigger than the coach. Kiffin did alot of great things. I never thought he was happy here. Look at his ole miss press conference and look at the energy. Lets support who wants to be here! 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

sigep77 said

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 6:21 PM #392166

Exactly, we went through the same crap with a lot of the same people 3 years ago.  Winning seems to clear memories.  I’m a FAU fan and I will be in the stands next year just like the last 19 years.  Was he my first choice, no but this is the choice.  GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

A new coaches success often comes with the players they inherit.
Lane inherited Motor, Kerrith, Aziz, Harrison, Pico, Rashad and John Raine, plus others then went out and recruited more players to develop a winning culture.
He is leaving a talented team for Taggart to move forward with.
Retaining players and coaches, recruiting new players and getting out in the community will be his number one priority. Let’s give him the same opportunity with the current players that Lane had with his.
Back to the top

Just came by to say hello to everyone.

That is all.
Back to the top
Control functions: