Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

Back to the top

He has a good attitude. That’s always a plus. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

He has a good attitude. That’s always a plus. 
Posted On: Jan 11th 2020, 11:42 AM #393326

I agree, can't imagine being in his shoes and keeping my sh*t together and acting the way he does, I like him a lot not gonna lie.
Back to the top

Apparently DJ McCarthy who was let go as FAU's receivers coach was hired by FIU as special teams coach.
Back to the top

Seems like we also hired Lance Guidry as our DB coach. This dood was a DC at WKU and McNeese State. And also HC at McNeese State. He took them to a top 10 D in the country and a 22-13 record as their HC. This is almost enough experience for a coach to get a D1 HC job. For him to get a position coach just shows how much experience is on this staff.
Back to the top

Trickett coached some really good tight ends here too (best in the country) and mehringer improved the Texas wideouts by a LOT. 

This coaching staff is far superior to the fsu staff under taggart (except Briles, maybe - who the jury is still out on). 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

The coaching hires are great. I actually thought that Kiffin was the best coach in Florida when he was here, though Dan Mullen is a very highly regarded coach as well. We definitely got spoiled a little bit having Kiffin but Taggart’s support staff is really good. Experienced guys on defense and the young guys on offense that’s a good combination. 
Back to the top

FAU has announced the final staff hiring, here's the abbreviated release:

Newly hired Florida Atlantic University head football coach Willie Taggart has completed his coaching staff by naming Lance Guidry as the Owls’ safeties coach, as announced on Monday.

Guidry brings more than 25 years of coaching experience to the Owls and more specifically has served as a head coach, while twice leading programs to bowl wins as an interim head coach. He also rounds out the defensive side of the ball, which are all former defensive staff members of a Taggart-led program.
Back to the top

Another good hire!
Back to the top

Coach Taggart has hired an amazing coaching staff, especially on defense. I have total confidence in him calling plays. With so many weapons on offense, he'll do amazing. When he hired Briles as OC at FSU, I started to realize he's a really smart football guy. I look forward to him leading us to our first ever year's end top 25 ranking. Remember, he did it with USF. Just having guys like Kevin Patrick psyches me up. I'm convinced we can be even more successful than with Kiffin.
Back to the top
Control functions: