Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

cbboarder said

Blind faith in a proven winner in one thing but Willie T is not a proven winner (IE 56-62 and never won a bowl game).

I'm trying to be supportive but he's making it difficult. If you can't work with others and have to bring your buddies to every new job is concerning to me.

God forbid this goes south next year, you still gonna say his career and his reputation?

I hope he proves me wrong…..

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 11:37 AM #392480

I understand where you are coming from.  However, we choose to hire Taggart as our HC.  He has to be empowered to run his football program the way he sees fit.

I can assure you, nobody will be held more accountable than him for failures the same way nobody will be praised more than him for success.  

IMO, you hand him the keys and support the best way we know how.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The negativity is a joke. We got the best available coach in Taggart. To bring up FSU is ridiculous. Jimbo left a disaster. From facilities to s&c to basically everything they’ve fallen off a cliff. There’s no way back. Do you want the false version?
Back to the top

cbboarder said

1OwlFLATL said

cbboarder said

Blind faith in a proven winner in one thing but Willie T is not a proven winner (IE 56-62 and never won a bowl game).

I'm trying to be supportive but he's making it difficult. If you can't work with others and have to bring your buddies to every new job is concerning to me.

God forbid this goes south next year, you still gonna say his career and his reputation?

Most coaches bring coaches they know. Would you put your faith in ppl you know and have worked with before or ppl you barely know? These coaches have been successful at 3 of 4 places with willie. Does that mean because they got fired less than 2 years into a job when 80 percent of the roster was inherited they are bad coaches? Dan mullen almost brought his entire staff from Miss state. Most coaches norvell has hired have worked with him before. Thats just how college football is.
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 2:54 PM #392488

To me this is very basic. You don't fire guys from a winning program to bring in guys from a losing program.  That makes no sense to me. Bottom line is Willie T has a losing record. You can't hide the facts….

Dan Mullen is a winner, that's why he brought his staff.

Do you think Saban hired Kiffin because he likes him? No, he hired him because he's a winner and learned to work with him for the betterment of the program.

Yes, I think their bad coaches. They had 2 years to turn FSU around in a weak ACC and failed (a very weak ACC)! The only School in the ACC with more talent than FSU is Clemson.

Sorry to be so negative but I continue to struggle with this hire……

Go Owls!

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 4:19 PM #392490

I'm with you. Got blasted for it by some too especially since I cheer for FSU too.   FSU glasses etc were the insults

Not happy with the hire but hope he learned …the early indications of him bringing back his flunky assistants again doesnt make me confident.     And I have to see if he can get a qb.  We just lost our commit there.   He couldn't bring in one hs recruit at qb during 2 cycles at FSU.  Norvell got 2 in 10 total days or so.  So that's another of my many concerns.  

I'll pray he's awesome though.   Rather eat crow than have him tank my college
Back to the top

What if mulling and Norwell as such good coaches. They’re not sniffing a NC either school uf or FSU for the foreseeable future. Things like FSU’s decline happen al the time. The problem with FSU is that they’ve only been successful since the 80’s and off and on at that. Mulling and norvell are going to peak at 10-2 and get clobbered by the elite schools. That’s a wrap
Back to the top

owlmart said

cbboarder said

How is he making it difficult? Technically all he’s really done is kept a pretty good group of recruits on board.
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 4:11 PM #392489

We all know he's a good recruiter but that doesn't mean you can coach (think Charlie Partridge). I'd just like to see some consistency in the coaching staff. It scares me this isn't happening. Now it sounds like Spencer is out the door. Maybe that was Glenn's decision, either way I don't think it's good for the program.

Bottom line I don't think wholesale coaching changes are necessary. Willie T is taking over a winning program…..The foundation is already place. Build on it, don't tear it down.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

What if mulling and Norwell as such good coaches. They’re not sniffing a NC either school uf or FSU for the foreseeable future. Things like FSU’s decline happen al the time. The problem with FSU is that they’ve only been successful since the 80’s and off and on at that. Mulling and norvell are going to peak at 10-2 and get clobbered by the elite schools. That’s a wrap
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 4:27 PM #392494

I was thinking Mullins is doing a pretty damn good job at Florida. Don't be surprised if they knock off UGA and few others next year.
Back to the top

You have to understand that if FSU has fallen down facilities wise and s&c wise there is no amount of high profile recruiting classes can do at all. 
That’s where denial sets in. Again we have examples of teams that have fallen off like Nebraska. There is nothing any coach can do at schools like FSU and even UF imo to succeed. There is no chance. If you think FSU can win a nc with only a change of coach, that’s never happening in a million years. 
Back to the top

Here is the question I would ask you FSU bashing the hires. If FSU has a talent advantage in a weak ACC. Then why did they go basically 5-6 the year before taggart got there. Nobody would argue jimbo is a bad coach. They had to reschedule a borderline d-1 team to become bowl eligible. They were a disaster. Raymond woodie took over a LB group that had 7 starts. Im not saying these coaches are bill belicheck but FAU fans need to temper their expectations. We dont pay enough money to be turning up our nose at some of these coaches. They have better resumes at bigger schools than FAU. Taggart won 7 games at oregon and 10 at USF those are bigger programs than FAU. FSU and FAU level coaches are two different things.
Back to the top

Weiss Jr. is on his way out.

And Spencer sounded pretty nostalgic during the Boca Boca Luncheon.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 4:27 PM #392494

I was thinking Mullins is doing a pretty damn good job at Florida. Don't be surprised if they knock off UGA and few others next year.
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 4:38 PM #392497

Both schools can get up to national title level.   That guy doesn't know what he is talking about.   He likes to instigate and pop off at the mouth but his knowledge is very limited
Back to the top
Control functions: