Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: Boca Bowl FAU vs SMU

We are at the last game of the season, and it always sad to see the season end. I am not sure what to make of this game with the coaching staff working short handed since we’re miss multiple coaches, Harrison Bryant probably won’t play, the general unpredictably of bowl games, and SMU is a good football team. I think the team will be motivated to play for coach Spencer and show there is more their success than Lane. This would be the best win of the year, and spring board us into the Taggart era. 

I think FAU will come up just short.

SMU wins 34-30
Back to the top

I can not give an educated prediction. I've watch a couple blogs where they seem to agree with the 3.5 that Vegas is giving FAU.  But even they had little confidence in their pick.
Back to the top

Too much going on with the team right now between Lane leaving and and Taggert coming in. I just don’t think we’ll be at our best. 42-31 SMU
Back to the top

If we win, and I'm not ruling it out, our defense will play a major role.
Back to the top

This has been a fun thread all season. 

1. FAU wins 41-38, but FAU’s defense plays fine. SMU’s offense is just so good and I think they get some luck and short drives. Almost like Ball State. 
2. Just like against UAB and FIU, it’s the Malcolm Davidson and DeAngelo Antoine show. Davidson needs 268 rushing yards to hit 1,000 and Antoine needs  229 for 1,000. Will either hit them? Don’t know. Will they both have big games? Yes. 
3. Davidson scores twice and Antoine scores once. I’ll take John Raine adding the fourth touchdown and BJ Emmons the fifth. 
4. Robison and Buechele have a Texas-sized duel. It’s the last game of the year, give me my cliches. Robison plays alright but makes the throws he needs to. 
5. The game turns out to be a thriller that goes under the radar because it’s up against an NFL triple-header and other bowl games. That might not be a fearless prediction so much as a good bet given everything we know. Add in the threat of poor weather…well, it’s better than 3-9. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

What is the O/U that Harrison Bryant will play?

FAU 50 SMU 3
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Too much going on with the team right now between Lane leaving and and Taggert coming in. I just don’t think we’ll be at our best. 42-31 SMU
Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 7:19 AM #392433

Im not worried about the players but Charlie will be calling the plays by himself. Its going to be a windy game so deep passes may not be as desirable as everyone thinks. If our running game isnt firing on all cylinders its gonna be a long afternoon.
Back to the top

voss749 said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 7:19 AM #392433

Im not worried about the players but Charlie will be calling the plays by himself. Its going to be a windy game so deep passes may not be as desirable as everyone thinks. If our running game isnt firing on all cylinders its gonna be a long afternoon.
Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 10:46 AM #392443

Passing game even more important to SMU so if that is the case then….. :cool:
Back to the top

No idea how to predict this game - I expect SMU will be by far the best team we have seen since UCF (way better than anybody in C-USA).  Heavy wind seems like it would help our cause.  I think our defense is better than their’s, but not sure about our offense vs their O.  And if they are not throwing the ball a ton it takes away some of our chances to get those opportunistic turnovers.

We have a chance to look good against a quality opponent on ABC - so that feels like a win as long as we show up and play.
Back to the top

Not sure about the smu team they certainly probably aren’t this juggernaut they’re made to be. FAU 47-24. Then it’s time to party like we made the top 25, unless we don’t 
Back to the top
Control functions: