Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Bowl Attendance Review

Alfred32 said

I also want to add that it would be nice if they did something special for ticket holders.  I am not asking for much but what about a tour of the new facility or A meet and greet with the coaches/players.  They don't do the little  things for just college football fans that didn't go to FAU.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 4:34 PM #393121

I agree a meet and great and new facility tour would help with season ticket sales. I think the students do a good job most of the time. The disconnect is where is the alumni. I live out of state but i still make at least two games and i purchase season tickets.
Back to the top

Student-wise I think athletics is trying to figure something out. They’ve moved the student section three times in the last five years. Personally, I think having it at the South end of the stadiums was best.

Having student tailgates on the grass along University was also better than having it behind the stadium in the parking lot imo. The stadium essentially cuts the environment in half, and partying on asphalt for a few hours in South Florida weather wears you out pretty quick. 

Ole Miss has The Grove, Bama has The Quad, UCF has Memory Mall. Let’s look at what works around the country to bring here. 
Back to the top

I made it to the game I brought 5 other people and we all had a good time. The attendance wasn’t stellar but it was more than the average home game I’ve attended in the past. Student incentives, bringing back alumni, better stadium experience (i didn’t go to the UCF game but I heard it was kind of a fiasco with security line times, running out of water, hard to find paradise pricing, no Hyundai deck security, etc.) and I even think better merchandise would be cool.

Ticket pricing is about where I’d expect it to be, maybe a little on the high side. The main reason I say that it’s high is that there obviously isn’t much demand and every time I buy tickets I know that I could have just bought cheap end zone tickets and then sat where ever I wanted anyway. 

This isn’t a problem but it’s something that everyone that’s I’ve forced to watch FAU notes; we don’t have many close games. It’s either an embarrassing loss or a runaway win like our last few games of this season. Not a complaint at all but my friends wanted to dip out in the third because it was obvious SMU didn’t have the stuff to compete. 
Back to the top

Alfred32 said

I also want to add that it would be nice if they did something special for ticket holders.  I am not asking for much but what about a tour of the new facility or A meet and greet with the coaches/players.  
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 4:34 PM #393121

100% agree. I will buy season tickets regardless, but it would be nice if there were some sort of benefits or thank you to being a season ticket holder. Like when they sent out the signed photo of Lane in 2017 was a great gesture. Or threw some sort of small event. Something
Back to the top

I've said it before and I'll say it again and those who missed it can weigh in. I recently moved to Atlanta after being in south florida for a few years after graduation (Class of 2016). I have to say the sports teams up here especially the Braves and Atalnta United Soccer do an amazing job of providing a great game day experience. I went to one braves game after attending rays games and marlins games and it is done so much better. After one game im already excited for next season to begin and go back and I'm not even a true fan yet. The same can be said about Atlanta united games. I am not exxagerating that I am constantly told I have to try a game even if I dont like soccer… by people who don't like soccer. We have no traditions at FAU and the ones we do have seem to be by the wayside. Creating traditions that have the pre kickoff entrance be a spectacle, chants and similar things people can get involved in like FSU's war chant (they do that at braves games too), we seem to try things and they give up on them. Didn't we used to have an owl fly onto the field pre game? we used to have a cannon fire on touchdowns. Can anyone name one thing we had going for us this year at games that really got people involved? We had a train horn blare for touchdowns. Imagine having people having brought the wooden train horns or something the way mississippi state brings cowbells. In summary, Atlanta like south Florida has a TON of things to do on a saturday, the difference is that people want to go to games because they are interactive and fun and you're a part of it, not just a bystander.
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

I've said it before and I'll say it again…
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2020, 9:29 AM #393152

Great post!  When living in S. FL after graduation FAU I was a Strikes season ticket holder and then after moving to ATL attended Georgia Generals games.

The Atlanta United thing is just incredible to me, the support for a soccer team in the south rivals that of UGA and actually far surpasses the Falcons! The noise and excitement is incredible!
Back to the top

UCF chants UCF at kick off with like a drum roll.  We could snag that idea but I think the sound system for the stadium sucks. Why did we spend all that money on lights?

We need to increase the revenue for the band.  I would love for them to get some Hawaii shirts and shorts. It's too hot for them in those God awful uniforms.

Back to the top

Alfred32 said

UCF chants UCF at kick off with like a drum roll.  We could snag that idea but I think the sound system for the stadium sucks. Why did we spend all that money on lights?

We need to increase the revenue for the band.  I would love for them to get some Hawaii shirts and shorts. It's too hot for them in those God awful uniforms.

Posted On: Jan 3rd 2020, 11:50 AM #393154

I agree, if we ARE NOT gonna put out a serious size collegiate Marching band than go informal id =n gear and look and let them let loose ala Stanford!

By the way, the AVERAGE size band is 220 members ranging all the way up to nearly 500. We are nit even near half the average size at a 30,000 enrollment State University playing in a 30,000 seat stadium, not some rinky dink HS stadium!

IT LOOKS BAD AND IS A JOKE TO OTHER VISITING SCHOOLS AND THEIR FANS AT OUR GAMES!!!!
Back to the top

Has anyone got the email asking about their fan experience yet?  I want to make sure I include some of the stuff on this thread.

Back to the top

Lane's Love Owl said

Student-wise I think athletics is trying to figure something out. They’ve moved the student section three times in the last five years. Personally, I think having it at the South end of the stadiums was best.

Having student tailgates on the grass along University was also better than having it behind the stadium in the parking lot imo. The stadium essentially cuts the environment in half, and partying on asphalt for a few hours in South Florida weather wears you out pretty quick. 

Ole Miss has The Grove, Bama has The Quad, UCF has Memory Mall. Let’s look at what works around the country to bring here. 
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2020, 9:42 PM #393144

I like the students taunting the other team.  I think a few conference USA teams do that to their opponent.

Back to the top
Control functions: