Five Things FAU Must Do In Order To Beat North Texas
1) FAU must win the turnover battle. FAU is -3 in turnover margin this year giving up 8 and taking away 5.
2) Rusty needs to get comfortable in the pocket. So faráhe has not settled into the form that we know he is capable of. He needs to set his feet and throw the ball with confidence. If he does that, he could have a big game.
3) Morris and the FAU running game need to get on track early. If Morris gets his touches in the first quarter and starts to rack up some yardage early this will help to set the pace for the passing game.
4) Forget the vanilla defense. FAU needs to put pressure on UNT. The front seven need to be more active in order to get pressure on Dodge. Bring a heavy blitz package and get the D-line running stunts and twists. Dodge cannot be allowed to get comfortable or else he will gash the FAU defense.
5) No penalties. Late penalties have brutalized FAU. FAU has to play smart and not give yardage away due to penalties.
Special Bonus for this weekend:
6) The players need to relax and have fun. They need to forget the pressure and expectations. The season starts now and FAU has a chance to turn things around.