Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022-23 C-USA Men's Basketball Results & Notables

Add topic

I watched the 2nd half of NIT UCF vs UF tonight. I don’t know if UF was having a bad night but I’m amazed FAU didn’t beat them by a much larger spread than they they did. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

C-USA NIT Saturday, March 18

No. 3 Charlotte 65, No. 14 Western Carolina 56

• Charlotte exploded for 45 points in the second half to come back from an 11-point halftime deficit. Brice Williams scored all of his game-high 20 points in the second half on 5-6 shooting from the field and 8-8 from the free-throw line.

Back to the top

C-USA Basketball Scores Saturday, March 18

No. 12 Rice 84, No. 5 Duquesne 78 $

No. 4 UAB 77, Morehead State 59 %

No. 2 North Texas 75, Sam Houston 55 %

No. 9 Florida Atlantic 78, No. 16 FDU 70 #

% - 2023 National Invitation Tournament
# - 2023 Division I Men’s Basketball Championship
$ -  College Basketball Invitational
Back to the top

C-USA Basketball Scores Monday, March 20

No. 4 Southern Utah 81, No. 12 Rice 79 $

• Rice’s Max Fiedler matched his career high with 16 rebounds, including nine on the offensive end in the Owls' loss. He stuffed his stat line with 22 points, three assists, two steals and two blocks.

No. 3 Charlotte 76, No. 11 Milwaukee 65 $

• Over Charlotte’s last six games, Brice Williams is averaging 22.5 points per game after he posted a game-high 25 points on 9-16 shooting.

$ -  College Basketball Invitational

Back to the top

C-USA Basketball Scores Wednesday, March 22

No. 3 Charlotte 71, No. 8 Eastern Kentucky 68 $

• Charlotte became the third C-USA school to win the CBI (North Texas, 2018; Tulsa, 2008). The 49ers jumped out to a 21-point advantage in the first half and never looked back, securing their fourth win in five days to hoist the trophy.

No. 4 UAB 67, No. 2 Vanderbilt 59 %

• UAB joins North Texas in the NIT semifinals, marking the first time since 2019 that a conference had two teams among the final four (BIG 12) and the first time in league history. Jelly Walker dropped a game-high 21 and Trey Jemison posted 17 points and 12 rebounds.

$ College Basketball Invitational
% National Invitation Tournament

Back to the top

UAB defeated a SEC team 
UNT beat a Big 12 team
The NIT finals could be a UNT - UAB matchup. 

These are good teams. FAU did not have an easy road to get to the tournament. 

Back to the top

C-USA Basketball Scores Wednesday, March 28

NIT No. 2 North Texas 56, No. 2 Wisconsin 54

NIT No. 4 UAB 88, Utah Valley 86 (OT)

The NIT Final will be held Thursday, March 30th and will feature No. 2 North Texas vs. No. 4 UAB on ESPN2 at 9:40 p.m.

The game will feature two teams from the same conference for just the fourth time in the event's 85-year history.

North Texas' smothering defense held Wisconsin without a point in the final 9:02 of the game, and the Mean Green closed the game on a 10-0 run to punch their ticket to the NIT Championship Game.

UAB’s Ty Brewer tied his career high with 30 points and tallied a career-best five steals to lead the Blazers to a semifinal victory, He also pulled down 12 rebounds, which matches his season high.
Back to the top

So CUSA wins the CIB (UNC Charlotte)

So CUSA has BOTH finalists (UNT/UAB) in NIT so WILL WIN NIT

So CUSA has a team (FAU) in NCAA Final Four!

Appears CUSA had some pretty good NCAA basketball programs but only 1 chosen for NCAAs

And all four teams above will be leaving CUSA for the AAC!

:Laughing:  :Big-Grin: :cool:
Back to the top

I didn’t watch either game but I checked the scores a few times. UNT was trailing most of the game. Glad both teams won. Now an all CUSA final. 

Back to the top

C-USA Basketball Scores

NIT No. 2 North Texas 68, No. 4 UAB 61

Final Four No. 5 San Diego State 72, No. 9 Florida Atlantic 71
Back to the top
Control functions: