Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ WKU - May 7th - 9th, 2021

Add topic

The FAU Baseball team is now one step closer to securing a spot in the C-USA tournament, finishing off the WKU Hilltoppers with two victories today. In game 3, they came back in style with a big three-run double by Nolan Schanuel in the ninth, winning 6-3, while the bullpen was the story in game four. The Owls opted to use an opener in Brock Helverson and the decision paid off, with the Owls taking a 6-1 victory.

The Rundown
  • FAU's bats were on FIRE today, combining for 23 hits and three home runs in the doubleheader today.
  • Nolan Schanuel was the best hitter on the Owls and proved why he's been one of the best players in C-USA this year. He hit 5-10 with 4 RBIs and a home run.
  • FAU hit very well with their backs against the wall, hitting 0.333 with two outs, including the 9th-inning double that led to a Game 3 victory.
  • Sam Drumheller had a dominant outing in relief in Game 4. He pitched 4 innings, only giving up 3 hits, 1 walk, and no runs.

"It's hard to even quantify it, he's been really, really good. It's the old adage, the stuff is just good, but the amount of strikes he throws is really good. For a young guy, who we've put in a lot of tough situations, for him to not get overwhelmed has been amazing. I'm happy he's with us, I'm happy he's here, and we're going to keep using him." -Head Coach John McCormack on Sam Drumheller's impact.

The Owls will return home for their final conference series on Friday, May 14 to face off against Southern Mississippi. The game will start at 5:00 p.m. and will be back on C-USA TV.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

@Colby guy, you've  done an outstanding job covering FAU  baseball. I know it isn't as popular as football, but this old baseball guy has appreciated your coverage. These young arms give me hope for what's coming.
Back to the top

I second Local. I love baseball and this has been fantastic coverage. Job well done and thank you!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Colby Guy:
Thank you so much for the great coverage of FAU baseball.
I enjoy following the game from your perspective.
Keep up the good work.
Back to the top

The following teams have qualified for the 2021 C-USA Baseball Championship:
Charlotte
Florida Atlantic
Louisiana Tech
Old Dominion
Southern Miss
WKU

Two spots remain going into the final weekend of conference play.

The 2021 Air Force Reserve C-USA Baseball Championship will return to campus, with Louisiana Tech hosting the event at the brand new Pat Patterson Park in Ruston.  The Championship will feature the top eight teams in regular-season league play (top three finishers in each division and the teams with the next two best winning percentages).  The format consists of two double-elimination brackets, with a single-elimination championship game that will be nationally-televised by CBS Sports Network.  All other games will be on ESPN+.
Back to the top

Looking at the stats, there are three top dogs and three under dogs. First time in a long time we are in the under dog group. But anything can happen
Back to the top

Loden  is a great story. He deserves the recognition.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Loden  is a great story. He deserves the recognition.
Posted On: May 10th 2021, 4:39 PM #402081

Thanks for the reminder, forgot to post  :cool:

Back to the top
Control functions: