Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 Boca Bowl Game Thread - SMU @ FAU - Dec 21st @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

Rick said

City of Boca Raton Library card gets you free tickets…just an FYI. 
Posted On: Dec 16th 2019, 3:33 PM #392372
they are out of tickets. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

My season ticket neighbors are in equal quality seat at the other end of the stadium. Typical fau.  If this was the best available thru FAU,  our ticket office should have directed us elsewhere. All I can do is learn from my mistakes. I can assure you this won't happen to me again. As for Bryant.  I said last week that he should not play. Nothing to gain. Everything to lose.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My season ticket neighbors are in equal quality seat at the other end of the stadium. Typical fau.  If this was the best available thru FAU,  our ticket office should have directed us elsewhere. All I can do is learn from my mistakes. I can assure you this won't happen to me again. As for Bryant.  I said last week that he should not play. Nothing to gain. Everything to lose.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2019, 4:05 PM #392375

This is not on FAU ts this is out of their hands.

They are given an allotment which I was told is only about 3k each school, at least we are lucky to be put on the home side.

I normally sit 208 but had to buy high up in 207 this time.

I do hate the number of corporate tickets given as most will go unused.

If they are not unused well at least we will have good and attendance and if not well you can just go find better seats.
Back to the top

As far as HB I think there is something to be said for playing one last game with sone of your best friends and teammates. At the same time sitting out is the wiser choice with respect to his future earnings. Slim chance he plays well enough to increase his draft stock. 
Back to the top

Hey Shane. I knew fau was given an allotment.  While purchasing, the rep s had no info as to where the tickets were..  But dang. From 105 season tickets,  to 109 Boca Bowl. No big deal. We will simply relocate to better seats. My advise….fau tickjet office needs to take care of the few season ticket holders they have. I feel a little under appreciated.  My friends and I will just need to move. Probably to the 200 section. I want to start thinking football. Not seats.
Back to the top

I almost wonder if FAU ought to get back management control of the boca bowl from the orange bowl cmte.

FAU may screw things up but at least they make the effort.

No premium parking offered, seat guarantees for boca bowl only if you buy before you know if FAU is even playing in the bowl. No acura club at all.

Our premium given out as freebies to corporate sponsors who may not even show up.

The ironic thing is we likely would had better seating as the gaspirilla bowl than the bowl game at our own stadium.
Gasp bowl tickets are less expensive and offer cheaper club access. Also they offer premium parking.
Back to the top

Another non football question… does anybody know the deal with parking and tailgating for the game? I’m only planning to show up 3-4hrs early should I try to use the orange or silver lots or will the red lot be up for grabs? I haven’t tailgated a game since I was a student so I’m not well versed on which lots are tailgate friendly. 
Back to the top

I asked my ticket guy that question as I am a silver lot parker. He said all lots are open. No special silver or red lots. $20 cash. First come . First serve. I hope he was right because my whole group has taken his info as gospel.
Back to the top

Was told the same thing. All lots are cash lots for $20. First come, first serve.
Back to the top

More importantly….do we know what color we are wearing on Saturday?   :Big-Grin:
Back to the top
Control functions: