Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Spring Football

Add topic

Local Owl said

Just read on ESPN that a.d.'s are preparing for a possible financial crisis and how it will affect sports other than football. Hmm? Maybe I was on to something.
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 1:23 PM #394554
Some of us knew what you were saying and agreed, there could be problems around the bend including FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Thanks. I knew a lot of people got it. It is actually an impossible question to answer because it is a wait and see situation. I can't imagine the financial repercussions should the entire season  be cancelled. Not to mention my emotional  state.  And to nake it worse , my boat is stuck in dry dock during my favorite two months of fishing. Everbody stay safe.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Thanks. I knew a lot of people got it. It is actually an impossible question to answer because it is a wait and see situation. I can't imagine the financial repercussions should the entire season  be cancelled. Not to mention my emotional  state.  And to nake it worse , my boat is stuck in dry dock during my favorite two months of fishing. Everbody stay safe.
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 5:32 PM #394557

This is the time to live on the water, everyone else is sol. Sucks.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

The NCAA needs to ask ESPN and the other major networks to bail them out. They have cashed in for years.

End of story.
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 3:43 PM #394555

Dont agree.

The other schools that have used the money from these ridiculous TV contracts can do EXACTLY what ALL 70+ G5 programs have been doing for years and years.

Increase the tuition by adding "athletic fees" and pay for the programs the good old fashioned way.  If FAU students can pay millions a year so can the "big" schools that have been raking in insane amounts of cash over the last 20 years.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Just read on ESPN that a.d.'s are preparing for a possible financial crisis and how it will affect sports other than football. Hmm? Maybe I was on to something.

At the big schools that have big TV contracts…yes.  Especially lower tear P5 programs.

Yes, the admin and coaches at these schools have been making WAYYYYYYYYY too much money for far too long.  So I get why they are nervous.

Schools like Mississippi State, Purdue, Washington State, etc may not get their huge TV contract money this year.  Yes, that may cause them to suffer financially.  

But they will have to sink to the lowly thought of charging their students to subsidize the programs…just like ALL 70 G5 programs do EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  To the tune of Millions and Millions of $$$.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 5:32 PM #394557

This is the time to live on the water, everyone else is sol. Sucks.
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 8:17 PM #394558

It does suck.  My marina is shut down.  Cant even go fishing by myself.  Not sure what sense that makes, but oh well.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Some of us knew what you were saying and agreed, there could be problems around the bend including FAU.

Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 3:59 PM #394556

As long as our student body doesn't dramatically shrink, FAU will be absolutely fine.

Back to the top

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Apr 2nd 2020, 3:59 PM #394556

As long as our student body doesn't dramatically shrink, FAU will be absolutely fine.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2020, 9:23 AM #394562

I don’t necessarily disagree but let’s not pretend there couldn’t be some robbing from Peter to pay Paul short term.  Compared to your examples above we are in a better position.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Increase the tuition by adding "athletic fees" and pay for the programs the good old fashioned way.  If FAU students can pay millions a year so can the "big" schools that have been raking in insane amounts of cash over the last 20 years.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2020, 9:15 AM #394559

I was speaking to the "have nots" ( lower level schools like us)…not the "haves".

Back to the top

Can you imagine the financial affect/loss to entire communities should football season be eliminated. Again, not necessarily  fau,  but the real big boys. Ann arbor, Columbus,  Clemson, baton rouge, Tuscaloosa , even Gainesville.  Crazy amounts of cash wiped from businesses. I'm sure they are thinking , safety first , but let's hurry this thing up.
Back to the top
Control functions: