Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

2021 FAU Football Schedule
Back to the top

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 11 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Conference games in bold Home games in ALL CAPS
Back to the top

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 3:41 PM #400246

I see four “if FAU fails to win these games, LOL” games: Fordham, FIU, UTEP, and ODU. (CUSA not keeping ODU in Boca when ODU sat out last season and skipped the trip to FAU is interesting. Should have just kept the 2020 trips for ODU). 

UF will be an embarrassing afternoon but at least it’ll be a nice cash influx. The option teams could easily beat FAU. Marshall will be tricky although that’s here. UAB is a coin flip. FAU can beat MTSU. Unsure about UNCC and WKU. I’d lean WKU. 

Right now, I think the ceiling is 7-5. I would like to be wrong and there’s plenty of time for me to be wrong. But I’m not expecting a fun year. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

I see four “if FAU fails to win these games, LOL” games: Fordham, FIU, UTEP, and ODU. (CUSA not keeping ODU in Boca when ODU sat out last season and skipped the trip to FAU is interesting. Should have just kept the 2020 trips for ODU). 

UF will be an embarrassing afternoon but at least it’ll be a nice cash influx. The option teams could easily beat FAU. Marshall will be tricky although that’s here. UAB is a coin flip. FAU can beat MTSU. Unsure about UNCC and WKU. I’d lean WKU. 

Right now, I think the ceiling is 7-5. I would like to be wrong and there’s plenty of time for me to be wrong. But I’m not expecting a fun year. 
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 3:46 PM #400249

Let the offseason play out before the negativity pours in.

People look at our "issues'' while not paying attention to other schools issues.

WKU has had their leading rusher, second-leading receiver, and best offensive linemen, and about a half dozen defenders leave since the end of the season.

I look at it this way, we return 80 percent of seniors and might have the most experienced OL in the conference. They land a good QB in the portal, that ceiling will be high.
Back to the top

Our talent level is on par or clearly better than 11 of these teams. On this date in January, I’d say that’s our ceiling, but who knows until after week 2
Back to the top

owlmart said

Our talent level is on par or clearly better than 11 of these teams. On this date in January, I’d say that’s our ceiling, but who knows until after week 2
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 4:56 PM #400255

Talent over the rest of the league is what we said about 2018 and last year. And before anyone says “LAST YEAR WAS COVID,” it doesn’t excuse how poor the offense looked for 75% of the season. Talent-wise, Michael Irvin is one of the league’s top tight ends. What did he provide? Nada. What did BJ Emmons provide? G00se egg. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

owlmart said

Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 4:56 PM #400255

Talent over the rest of the league is what we said about 2018 and last year. And before anyone says “LAST YEAR WAS COVID,” it doesn’t excuse how poor the offense looked for 75% of the season. Talent-wise, Michael Irvin is one of the league’s top tight ends. What did he provide? Nada. What did BJ Emmons provide? G00se egg. 
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 4:59 PM #400258

I still would have said our ceiling in 2018 was 10-11 games. Expectations =/= Ceiling
Back to the top

JakeElman said

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 3:46 PM #400249

We can beat uf. The stoshak & buddy game must have been before your time.

How can you possibly look at that schedule and say 7-5 is the ceiling is beyond me. The talent on our team alone beats 9 of those teams.

COVID is an excuse for the offense. New offense. No spring. New qbs who had no meaningful experience. Offensive line was shuffled around (to put it nicely) because of COVID, starting with the Marshall game.

Sometimes I wonder why our fans are so negative and down on our squad. Other G5’s and CUSA teams envy our talent level, last few seasons, and general potential for success.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

We just lost the best DC in the conference.

He didn't belong here - which is why he is gone.

The year before, we did the same (Spencer) and it was MIRACULOUS that we landed Leavitt - who immediately assumed the same role as C-USA Top D dog.

Can we do that again?

Third time is a charm, so we'll see, but my $ is on a slide.

(not being negative just realistic)

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I don't make predictions until the facts are in. As of right now, we have so many factors that need to be settled. Spring practice needs to take place. Coaches need to be hired.  Players need to qualify. Players need to heal. We can assume certain things. But no way would call Vegas to put a wager on an over/under.
Back to the top
Control functions: