Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 QB Situation

@Willie wagon,  I'm with you 100%. The last time I watched Perry, after kings injury, he looked better than anyone on our staff. Bring ihim in and let the others develop.
Back to the top

JakeElman said

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

https://247sports.com/Player/NKosi-Perry-85231/

Go take a look at perry's 24/7 a crystal ball for FAU has been added
Posted On: Mar 28th 2021, 8:38 PM #401472

I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong. I just can’t get excited about Perry or a P5 transfer coming here to play QB. I feel like we’ve been burnt enough times by giving these kids insane expectations with the idea that they’ll dominate C-USA off talent alone. 

At least he’s a former starter … but buyer beware. 
Posted On: Mar 28th 2021, 8:42 PM #401473

https://twitter.com/jakeelman97/status/1324825244012601344?s=21

Nothing is a guarantee high school qbs are an even bigger risk in my opinion. You even said it yourself fau needed a transfer qb. Perry would make two P5 transfers. The QB room last year wasn’t good in week 12 PFF ranked tronti 88th out of 125th for all starting qbs. If perry could get the qbs to be ranked 50th that is a huge improvement. Tate martell wasnt good at miami but d’eriq king lit it up if you take enough talented QBs you will eventually hit. I’m not excited to watch the same QB room again more competition and depth needed.
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 6:03 PM #401500

This is why I love some of you. Thank you for holding me accountable. :D

So in all seriousness, my need for a transfer was fufilled when Michael Johnson Jr. arrived. If you take Perry, you've hit the point where you now have five scholarship quarterbacks – and we don't know if Perry can get another year next year. That's a lot of scholarship quarterbacks.

If they truly believe that Perry can come in and lead this team to eight or nine wins, go for it. I'm proceeding with caution because we've been burnt before but I'd like to be wrong.

Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 6:10 PM #401501

Agreed on some of the past transfers. However i dont think we can be content we have to be able to attack defenses downfield. From everything i have ready perry has the ability to play 2 years. Can we really count posey and taggart jr as QB options?they both need 2 years minimum of work not be mean to them its just the truth. What if tronti transfers? Lets get another qb so we can work on getting a TE, kicker and 3rd CB next lol
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 6:18 PM #401502

I'm open to giving Posey more time at QB, but you have to decide by the end of this season what you're doing with him. (And he has to potentially decide if he wants to stay here in that case. I want to clarify I don't know anything about him entering the portal. Just that if you're a QB through three years and you haven't played as much as you want, kids tend to jump in El Portal.)

Taggart Jr. at QB, I don't see it, but maybe I will be wrong. If he doesn't pan out as a QB and they move him, that's three busts at QB (Frank and Littlejohn) of kids you signed out of HS since 2016.* That's far from ideal.

*Reluctant to call Parr a bust because he at least played and had some memorable moments. If Posey winds up being moved to WR, that's another conversation if we consider him a bust or not.

Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 6:26 PM #401503

Parr would have easily started in 2018 over a Freshman CR2 and the much over celebrated DeAndre Johnson. I really think it was a miscalculation on both sides to let him walk but then again, who could have seen the Driskel retirement coming? One thing I’ll say about Posey, when he runs the ball he looks like a dominant G5 QB but that’s the problem. It’s only when he runs. He did look a lot more physically developed at the spring than the skinny Fr kid from last year. Good for him hitting the weight room hard. 

If MJJ is already outperforming the upperclassman Tronti, what’s the use in bringing in another guy who was a spot starter on fairly mediocre 2018/2019 Canes teams? Might as well give our young guy the keys to the beach rover and let him drive. Guess that’s why I’m not a head coach though. Go Owls! 
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 7:05 PM #401504

Parr made the right decision in the end. Injury ended his final year early but he was doing well at Dusquene, he was happy there. Nearly two full years as a starter and he got his degree. I think just took a job in sports management down here. Great guy. 

Agree on Posey, agree on Perry but also agree with Wagon. (Not a misprint.) I just don’t want to waste a scholarship on Perry if he comes in and he’s third string at best. Much different if you have someone walk-on. 
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 7:46 PM #401506

Memories of Jake Peavy?
Back to the top

Yeah Perry will not be the 3rd string QB. Anyone who can tear up both the FSU and VT defense off the bench will not be the 3rd string QB at a CUSA school.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong. I just can’t get excited about Perry or a P5 transfer coming here to play QB. I feel like we’ve been burnt enough times by giving these kids insane expectations with the idea that they’ll dominate C-USA off talent alone. 

Nothing is a guarantee high school qbs are an even bigger risk in my opinion. You even said it yourself fau needed a transfer qb. Perry would make two P5 transfers. The QB room last year wasn’t good in week 12 PFF ranked tronti 88th out of 125th for all starting qbs. If perry could get the qbs to be ranked 50th that is a huge improvement. Tate martell wasnt good at miami but d’eriq king lit it up if you take enough talented QBs you will eventually hit. I’m not excited to watch the same QB room again more competition and depth needed.

So in all seriousness, my need for a transfer was fufilled when Michael Johnson Jr. arrived. If you take Perry, you've hit the point where you now have five scholarship quarterbacks – and we don't know if Perry can get another year next year. That's a lot of scholarship quarterbacks.

If they truly believe that Perry can come in and lead this team to eight or nine wins, go for it. I'm proceeding with caution because we've been burnt before but I'd like to be wrong.

Agreed on some of the past transfers. However i dont think we can be content we have to be able to attack defenses downfield. From everything i have ready perry has the ability to play 2 years. Can we really count posey and taggart jr as QB options?they both need 2 years minimum of work not be mean to them its just the truth. What if tronti transfers? Lets get another qb so we can work on getting a TE, kicker and 3rd CB next lol

I'm open to giving Posey more time at QB, but you have to decide by the end of this season what you're doing with him. (And he has to potentially decide if he wants to stay here in that case. I want to clarify I don't know anything about him entering the portal. Just that if you're a QB through three years and you haven't played as much as you want, kids tend to jump in El Portal.)

Taggart Jr. at QB, I don't see it, but maybe I will be wrong. If he doesn't pan out as a QB and they move him, that's three busts at QB (Frank and Littlejohn) of kids you signed out of HS since 2016.* That's far from ideal.

*Reluctant to call Parr a bust because he at least played and had some memorable moments. If Posey winds up being moved to WR, that's another conversation if we consider him a bust or not.

Parr would have easily started in 2018 over a Freshman CR2 and the much over celebrated DeAndre Johnson. I really think it was a miscalculation on both sides to let him walk but then again, who could have seen the Driskel retirement coming? One thing I’ll say about Posey, when he runs the ball he looks like a dominant G5 QB but that’s the problem. It’s only when he runs. He did look a lot more physically developed at the spring than the skinny Fr kid from last year. Good for him hitting the weight room hard. 

If MJJ is already outperforming the upperclassman Tronti, what’s the use in bringing in another guy who was a spot starter on fairly mediocre 2018/2019 Canes teams? Might as well give our young guy the keys to the beach rover and let him drive. Guess that’s why I’m not a head coach though. Go Owls! 

Parr made the right decision in the end. Injury ended his final year early but he was doing well at Dusquene, he was happy there. Nearly two full years as a starter and he got his degree. I think just took a job in sports management down here. Great guy. 

Agree on Posey, agree on Perry but also agree with Wagon. (Not a misprint.) I just don’t want to waste a scholarship on Perry if he comes in and he’s third string at best. Much different if you have someone walk-on. 

Memories of Jake Peavy?
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 8:29 PM #401508

If ONLY Rafe Peavey was as good as Jake Peavy in his prime. In another sport. In different states. 🤣

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Perry has been through the fire with UM.

He has brought them back in multiple bug games, including the Bowl game vs. Okie State, where he played really well.

MJJ showed some really nice flashes Saturday, but walking into the Swamp on 9/4 is a different ballgame.

I do not say these things because it is my opinion, but FAU looks at MJJ like a freshman as he four years left.

Why throw him into the fire?

Perry was was asked by UM players to throw at their pro days for the receivers.

This shows what type of respect they have for him.
Back to the top

JakeElman said

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Memories of Jake Peavy?
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 8:29 PM #401508

If ONLY Rafe Peavey was as good as Jake Peavy in his prime. In another sport. In different states. 🤣
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 8:31 PM #401510

Lol whoops. Shows how forgettable that 2018 season was
Back to the top

Perry would be a great fit for FAU….and would make their offense very good in 2021. I think you go with Perry and then Michael Johnson will be ready to take over.  Perry seemed very excited about FAU on Saturday. He was right in front of me the entire time and he knows that he could really excel at FAU.
Back to the top

Kosi Perry's old IG got hacked and he made a new one….
He only follows the official FAU football account (and not the UM football account)on his new one and multiple FAU players

Combine this with the CB by Ivins on 24/7 and its looking pretty good for FAU
Back to the top

Good sleuthing, Wagon. Well done. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Kosi Perry's old IG got hacked and he made a new one….
He only follows the official FAU football account (and not the UM football account)on his new one and multiple FAU players

Combine this with the CB by Ivins on 24/7 and its looking pretty good for FAU

Posted On: Apr 11th 2021, 9:36 PM #401688

I like the sounds of this.
Back to the top
Control functions: