Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Artful Dodgers

From the betting line for this game I do believe FAU would have beat MTSU. What MTSU did is proof that we need out of CUSA.  Ok, so they had contact tracing and cases, well call the game off days before instead of when your opponent is about to get on a flight.  It’s about the the principle, families of players and Media made their way to TN already, thus risking themselves traveling as well.  FAU was down top players and was stilling willing to play,  this shows heart and resilience.  Our players can all opt out and we would not have a season but they are willing to play to further help the team win and to hopefully move up to the next level.

Schools like FSU,MTSU and USF are losing badly and their season is already lost and can care less.  The CUSA is a joke so let me see if FAU wins out they will be 7-1 and possibly 5-1 in conference, which is better than any team in  the CUsA west record wise. We will still not be in the title game, and this shows lack of promoting the best teams to represent the conference.  The Sun belt is hands down better and more respected, they make sure their teams like App st. and Coastal Carolina can play as many games and promote them as the face of their league. 

FAU could have postponed the Marshall game down what 25 players, but still showed heart to travel
And played the game. If the artful dodger in us did an MTSU we would have a 12 game winning streak and possibly ranked right now. We risked our winning streak to show that we want to win the game down as many players and compete.

Overall we need out of CUSA if we ever want to compete at the highest level possible as far as better matchups and marquee bowl games.  We have won the CUsa 2 out of 3 years and the CUSA does not care about us. Time to move on,  Kiffin layed the groundwork and we need to continue to win and do our own thing.
Do you think FAU in the American is an attractive match?  Do you think we are the stepchild of CUSA?
Back to the top

faufan300 said

We will still not be in the title game, and this shows lack of promoting the best teams to represent the conference.
Posted On: Nov 29th 2020, 9:40 PM #398230

Exactly, time to go to one division…if the league office can't see that and continues the alignment then they are simply placating to the old members who have lost their luster…

Back to the top

faufan300 said

From the betting line for this game I do believe FAU would have beat MTSU. What MTSU did is proof that we need out of CUSA.  Ok, so they had contact tracing and cases, well call the game off days before instead of when your opponent is about to get on a flight.  It’s about the the principle, families of players and Media made their way to TN already, thus risking themselves traveling as well.  FAU was down top players and was stilling willing to play,  this shows heart and resilience.  Our players can all opt out and we would not have a season but they are willing to play to further help the team win and to hopefully move up to the next level.

Schools like FSU,MTSU and USF are losing badly and their season is already lost and can care less.  The CUSA is a joke so let me see if FAU wins out they will be 7-1 and possibly 5-1 in conference, which is better than any team in  the CUsA west record wise. We will still not be in the title game, and this shows lack of promoting the best teams to represent the conference.  The Sun belt is hands down better and more respected, they make sure their teams like App st. and Coastal Carolina can play as many games and promote them as the face of their league. 

FAU could have postponed the Marshall game down what 25 players, but still showed heart to travel
And played the game. If the artful dodger in us did an MTSU we would have a 12 game winning streak and possibly ranked right now. We risked our winning streak to show that we want to win the game down as many players and compete.

Overall we need out of CUSA if we ever want to compete at the highest level possible as far as better matchups and marquee bowl games.  We have won the CUsa 2 out of 3 years and the CUSA does not care about us. Time to move on,  Kiffin layed the groundwork and we need to continue to win and do our own thing.
Do you think FAU in the American is an attractive match?  Do you think we are the stepchild of CUSA?

Posted On: Nov 29th 2020, 9:40 PM #398230

I agree wi to everything here and for the record, we ha e beaten some darn good American Athletic Conference teams on the football field. I don’t think the AAC will take a look at us until one or both of UCF/USF leave. He’s thing we can do is continue to show out and win. At least we know that if we go undefeated one of these years, it’s very possible we play in a NY6 bowl. For a G5 team, I think conference is a less important distinction because the top G5 programs are all fighting for that same spot in the NY6 to set themselves up for a call up later to a P5 conference 
Back to the top

I agree about the AAC. I had this thing that I felt we needed to go to the AAC as if it was part of our progression forward. Then I grew up and realized that is anything but the case.

We don’t have to go to the AAC to have a shot at the P5. I looked up the teams that sort of applied in 2015 I believe and a lot were from other G5 conferences. 

I don’t think it has to be an AAC team to possibly move up to the P5. Imagine how nice it would be if we somehow made it to the P5 after the AAC was trying to keep us out. 

We’re a fun destination for P5 conference teams to want to travel to. We could make a real case. And maybe expand the football stadium another 10-15k seats. 
Back to the top
Control functions: