Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA and AAC merger on the table...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Zero chance
Back to the top

Meanwhile back in the real world.  

Aac and Mike Aresco are just going to get a good chuckle and just forward that to their spam folder.  😄
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

They left out Navy in that plan!
Back to the top

Conference USA has screwed up so much over the years.  Inept leadership with Judy.  Having Texas headquarters and controlling the conference.  Not going to regionalization with the sun belt when they had the shot to do so etc

Now the AAC will pick their teams.  If tr mountain west wants to, they'll pick teams as well .   Sun belt will too

The teams left will be with a bunch of call ups like James Madison , Missouri state and Eastern Kentucky ..yuck

The best hope is that the cusa leftovers all just merge with the sun belt in geographic divisions rather than the callups

If Florida Atlantic is left behind in the call ups league, it will set our program back decades. And leadership would have failed
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Conference USA has screwed up so much over the years.  Inept leadership with Judy.  Having Texas headquarters and controlling the conference.  Not going to regionalization with the sun belt when they had the shot to do so etc

Now the AAC will pick their teams.  If tr mountain west wants to, they'll pick teams as well .   Sun belt will too

The teams left will be with a bunch of call ups like James Madison , Missouri state and Eastern Kentucky ..yuck

The best hope is that the cusa leftovers all just merge with the sun belt in geographic divisions rather than the callups

If Florida Atlantic is left behind in the call ups league, it will set our program back decades. And leadership would have failed
Posted On: Oct 13th 2021, 8:09 AM #404133

Agreed!, I hope and pray our leadership wrote and told the AAC we have NO interest in that plan!

Back to the top

Oh and our tv deal is a complete joke.  Having to watch games on stadium and Facebook is beyond annoying.  

But hey at least nobody will see us if we are left behind
Back to the top

No way does the AAC merge with CUSA. They’ll pick teams with a chance of building their brand and right nor I don’t see FAU there yet. I see them grabbing UAB maybe a Texas team and if I were a betting man App State is who I would grab. App State packs their stadium every Saturday and they are a rowdy bunch. 
Back to the top

So this would be a 24 team conference? Teams might only see each other once every 6 or 7 years. That doesn't make any sense. Bad enough now with the SEC where it can be years between games. For example, Kentucky played Alabama in 2013, 2016, and 2020. Kentucky hosted Alabama in 2013 and has not seen them in Lexington since that time.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This REALLY STUPID plan is getting so ridiculed everywhere, typical CUSA!!! WE gotta get outta this "conference". I so hope our people did not endorse that stupid plan that actually leaves an AAC school out, an important one at that!
Back to the top
Control functions: