Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU VS Old Dominion 2018

I don’t want to be right again. But….

I’ve seen ODU.  We’re going to have a heck of a time stopping that RB they have IMO.

They rush for more yards than us, it’s a loss.  We put Tooley 1:1 with Duhart all night…big trouble.

ODU - 38
FAU - 24

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I’ve seen ODU.  We’re going to have a heck of a time stopping that RB they have IMO.

They rush for more yards than us, it’s a loss.  We put Tooley 1:1 with Duhart all night…big trouble.

ODU - 38
FAU - 24
Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 11:41 AM #381644

I don't think we lose by 2 td's if we lose.

If we lose that bad I don't know how we make it to a bowl game
Back to the top

ODU has NOT been able to run the ball at all this year though and their pass blocking has been bad - 9 sacks vs. ECU last week and 16 on the year. WR Duhart is the worry, we gotta limit him and we win.

All that aid - WE HAVE TO PLAY 60 MIN OF GOOD FOOTBALL FROM HERE ON OUT!!!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

walty12 said

ODU - 38
FAU - 24

Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 1:47 PM #381645
If we lose, I'm not even sure we are having a winning record this year.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Good one Rick!
Back to the top

Forgot my prediction.   FAU  31  ODU 24.  We have the talent. I'm just not thrilled with the coaching  and coordinating.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

ODU has NOT been able to run the ball at all this year though and their pass blocking has been bad - 9 sacks vs. ECU last week and 16 on the year. WR Duhart is the worry, we gotta limit him and we win.

All that aid - WE HAVE TO PLAY 60 MIN OF GOOD FOOTBALL FROM HERE ON OUT!!!
Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 1:51 PM #381646

?????

Cox had 130 yards and 2 TDs vs Virginia Techs D.

We better tackle.

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

walty12 said

ODU - 38
FAU - 24

Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 1:47 PM #381645

Ah, now we are finally starting to get expectations back to reality.

The reality is - it’s tough to get to a bowl game every year.  The way our schedule setup and the coaches we lost and OL/Driskell…7-5 was going to be a good season.

All games here on out we aren’t favored aside from Charlotte.  And we shouldn’t be.  They are going to be tough fought wins.  UNT, La Tech, Stupid school down south, Marshall are all VERY capable of beating us.  

I hope we do better than 7-5 but as I’ve been saying (and being attacked for) all summer, that’s where we’re at.

Not sure how most fans look at games, but if MTSU didn’t let you know teams have studied us and figured us out…you weren’t watching.  Lane is this week facing his first real adversity as HC here.  Most critics say he doesn’t have what it takes to adjust and be a good HC.  We’ll see…

Back to the top

The one things that was frustrating for me was the lack of adjustments made by the OC during the game versus MTSU.  It seemed to me that MTSU made some adjustment defensively and we did not.  We continued to be predictable offensively.  

Last year seemed like we made better game time adjustments.

The offense need to find some swagger and soon.  We have plenty of weapon on the offense to put up points.

Back to the top
Control functions: