Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2021 - FAU @ Air Force

FAU is traveling to face another triple option (Thanks Pat Chun) this time in high altitude. Will that make difference who knows? I think FAU will be able to move the ball against Air Force. Utah State proved that last week in their comeback win. But I am worried about FAU wasting possessions early in the game like they have in the first 3 games of the season. The big pass plays they just missed against Fordham have a chance to be there this week, and if they are the need to hit them. If FAU can get some stops and cause multiple 3 and outs on Air Force I think they can steal this game. Currently the spread as I write this sits at +4.5 for FAU. ESPN FPI gives FAU a 65% chance to win the game, and SP+ has FAU winning this game out right. I already said on the pod this week that FAU will lose a close game and cover. Although I am wavering and would like to pull a stugotz and change my prediction I am going to stick with it. FAU plays a tight game and will have a chance to win late in the 4th quarter, but just falls short.

Air Force 34
FAU 31
Back to the top

Yea it’ll be close but the ghost of Pat Chun haunts us one last time. 38-28 Air Force gets the dub
Back to the top

The line was +7 to open at my go to site…it is now +4.

There's a reason for that.

Then there is this:

Which, in non-homer fashion, happen to agree with.

Protect the ball, don't give it away, and…

FAU 27  Air Force  23

Back to the top

This game is a tough one to pick. The Air Force offense will likely leave the FAU defense guessing throughout the game. Big question is if FAU can get a turnover or two and have enough time on offense to make some plays and show off the superior speed and athletic ability. I see it being close and fairly low scoring either way it goes. 

Fearless Prediction:
FAU 27
Air Force 24

Upset picks for the week:

A classic BIG12 game where defense is lacking.

Oklahoma State 42
#24 Kansas State 38

A surging Arkansas team takes on Texas A&M in an intriguing SEC matchup.

#16 Arkansas 35
#7 Texas A&M 31

A lackluster Notre Dame team faces a solid Wisconsin team at Soldier Field in Chicago.

#18 Wisconsin 24
#12 Notre Dame 21

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I’m feeling bold. So against my better judgement:

FAU 30 Air Force 17. 

I trust in N’Kosi Perry so far, which helps. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I just think we are better than them today 35-27 FAU
Back to the top

I hope this is the last time we schedule these kind of teams for a while.  With that being said I see us having better athletes that are faster and stronger.  AF is disciplined but once their game plan changes then they get into panic mode throwing all over the place.  We played a team that’s similar earlier and are have an idea on how to stop their schemes.  It will somehow be close,  I hate playing MW teams as they are combined with hybrid Midwest and west coast players that makes them hard to beat like a SDSU.  We pull this out 33-27. 
Back to the top

27-17, FAU! They eat a lot of clock but when we have the ball we score.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

I hope this is the last time we schedule these kind of teams for a while.

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Air Force 34
FAU 31
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2021, 7:28 PM #403530

LawOwl said

38-28 Air Force gets the dub
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2021, 9:47 PM #403533

Not sure who get's it this week, so both of you - since you were the ones who had us losing.

:)  :Not-Talking:  :Thinking:  :Crying:

Back to the top
Control functions: