Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Five Takeaway's from FAU's 20-3 loss to Georgia Southern

From the first couple drives of the game, it was easy to tell what type of night it would be for the Owls against Georgia Southern.

Read more

@Shane, your TakeawayTime was great. Im glad you recognised the job our freshman interior d lineman is doing. He will be the anchor for us for three more years  and someone else on Sunday after that. What a player!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Shane, your TakeawayTime was great. Im glad you recognised the job our freshman interior d lineman is doing. He will be the anchor for us for three more years  and someone else on Sunday after that. What a player!
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 3:18 PM #398492

Keep em coming Shane!!!
Back to the top

I agree about the part with Tronti starting the last 2 games if there’s a bowl.

All of this talk about Posey getting better like Robison did is really getting crazy.

What about Tronti getting better next year?

All we talk about is Posey theoretically getting better. Well isn’t it true that Tronti could get better if he was the starter. 

Even more worrying than the int’s is the fumbling by Posey. It’s going to be really hard for him to stop fumbling and keep running so hard. There can be either one or the other.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 3:18 PM #398492

Thanks as always for the support.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I agree about the part with Tronti starting the last 2 games if there’s a bowl.

All of this talk about Posey getting better like Robison did is really getting crazy.

What about Tronti getting better next year?

All we talk about is Posey theoretically getting better. Well isn’t it true that Tronti could get better if he was the starter. 

Even more worrying than the int’s is the fumbling by Posey. It’s going to be really hard for him to stop fumbling and keep running so hard. There can be either one or the other.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 4:24 PM #398495

Yea, at the very least Tronti can manage a game.
You can still include Posey in some packages and keep the D off balance.
Back to the top

Shane - "From the first couple drives of the game, it was easy to tell what type of night it would be for the Owls against Georgia Southern - the defense would being playing bend don't break versus a **((tricky triple-option))** attack, and the offense would continue their struggles.

The statment above has a problem. IMO the Gun Option is not tricky and you really dont see a lot of Triple Option run grom it. You see mostly the QB keep or pitch portion of the option to the outside.

AS I stated in another thread

I personally dont like the Gun Option. I am however a Flex Triple Option fan. Many on the gsufans.com board would disagree with me. I just believe the running game, in the Gun Option, is to easy to read for the opposing defenses LBs, Safties and corners for a running team. I'm use to GSUs Flex Triple Option rushing for 350-400 ypg and scoring between 35-45ppg. Havent seen that in a long time using the Gun Option. IMO our defense has kept us in the game for most of the year.
Back to the top

I just watched the replay of the game. Posey has a really bad throwing motion. Some passes were literally thrown underhand. He missed a lot of easy passes. 

Tronti has a completion to Merrill his first drive. Posey isn’t capable of making that throw. For how much praise Posey has gotten for his running, he doesn’t have particularly good awareness and obviously has a fumble problem which I doubt will ever get corrected. 

I think it’s time to have Tronti be the guy for this year and next year. That’s unless of course a transfer QB comes. I’m very worried the way Taggart talks about Posey like he’s the long term option. 
Back to the top

Important!
Posts from this topic have been moved by Rick. 7 posts have been transferred to FAU's 2020 Bowl Game.
Important!

Not only did Posey turn it over 3 times, but it was a safe game plan that doesn’t take big chances and that Tronti doesn’t turn it over with.

Think about it. Posey turned it over 3 times with a safe gameplan. Imagine how many turnovers he would have if the play calling was more advanced.

If you analyze Posey’s throwing motion it’s very concerning. That there’s any consideration of him being the starter in future seasons is very troubling.
Back to the top
Control functions: