Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TWO DEEP: FAU @ Georgia Southern 2020

TWO DEEP: FAU @ Georgia Southern 2020

The above is as of 3:00 PM EST, Thursday September 17, 2020. It is subject to change pending further test reporting that is do back from samples conducted today.
Back to the top

Interesting to see the backup QB's listed as "OR" yet the same wasn't done for HB. Makes me wonder how much Davidson and McCammon will be rotated in.

Also, one injury at LB and we could be in some trouble.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I really like that offensive line. The interior should be great as well as Robinson and Ettiene. I expect the running ypc numbers to be back to where they were before 2018.

But I wonder why Davidson isn’t higher on the chart. I think he has great vision. I’m really hoping the TE’s can contribute big time.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I really like that offensive line. The interior should be great as well as Robinson and Ettiene. I expect the running ypc numbers to be back to where they were before 2018.

Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 3:44 PM #396027

110%! Really hope that a change in scheme won't hurt that group.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

OR can mean soooo many things
Back to the top

Seems like Davidson and McCammon might be part of the group that tested positive for CoVid along with a good part of the D-Line. Overall not a lot to be upset about with this team. Will be interesting to see how many guys GA Southern gets back. With the D-Line being so thin and raw, we could be in for a long day defensively. Hopefully our O can outscore theirs I think we have the talent to do it even if some other “media” outlets believe otherwise. #GiveTheBallToBJ
Back to the top

Here are a few items that stand out to me with the depth chart:

First I want to precise that we do not know if the guys listed can are to be or can still be excluded,

1.There are some surprises names missing from the depth chart some expected to be factors:

Sebastion Dolcine, Jaylon Joyner, and a lack of ''or' at the running back position.

We do not know if that is a product of them being further down on the depth chart or other reasons….

2. The online is experienced; four of the five starters played over 500 snaps last year.

3. Chase Lanaster (Linebacker)  and Jordan Merrel (Wide Receiver) were both highly touted 2017 recruits who have not seen much of the playing field so far in their careers.

Chase has dealt with injuries and Jordan has got a bit barrier on the depth chart.

Excited to see what they can do.

4.The Dline is real young, but this is not a complete shock. We have talked all offseason how much we lost there and how well they recruited.

I said on the Inside the Burrow podcast way back in February that Chris Jones and Evan Anderson were guys you could see on the field early.

I do my homework Owl fans.
Back to the top

Keep it up Shane. I enjoy your take. Not too much sugar coating. Just info
Back to the top

I really don't know Southern's 2 deep is after last weeks game with 30 players out. When our 1st string QB went out last week, for a full offensive possession, GSU had to put in the their 3rd string QB & he didn't do to bad.
Back to the top
Control functions: